Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Most affordable area in Brooklyn, and safe
1  2  Next

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Feb 05 2018, 8:20 am
Which neighborhoods are the least expensive? And safe too?

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Feb 05 2018, 9:23 am
This is very comprehensive.
https://streeteasy.com/blog/be...../amp/
But I don't think I'd call any Brooklyn neighborhood affordable. We live here and it's all pretty expensive.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Feb 05 2018, 9:37 am
Following.

Which (safe) Jewish neighborhood in Brooklyn has the lowest rent for a 3 bedroom apartment, and how much would that be?

ssspectacular

Post Mon, Feb 05 2018, 9:42 am
Affordable and Bklyn- an oxymoron, for sure.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Feb 05 2018, 9:47 am
How about anywhere in the five boroughs? (Except Far Rockaway- too far from the City)

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Feb 05 2018, 9:49 am
amother wrote:

Which (safe) Jewish neighborhood in Brooklyn has the lowest rent for a 3 bedroom apartment, and how much would that be?

That's a tall order.

I'm open to moving to a predominantly non-Jewish area, if safe.

doctorima

Post Mon, Feb 05 2018, 10:25 am
amother wrote:
How about anywhere in the five boroughs? (Except Far Rockaway- too far from the City)

Staten Island is probably one of the most affordable and relatively safe options with a frum presence in the five boroughs, and there are express buses and a ferry to Manhattan.

frumPA

Post Mon, Feb 05 2018, 10:59 am
Mill basin probably though I dont know much about it

flowerpower

Post Mon, Feb 05 2018, 11:13 am
I heard Georgetown has a nice community.

Last edited by flowerpower on Mon, Feb 05 2018, 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Feb 05 2018, 11:21 am
I dont want to derail this thread, but where in NYC is a 3 bedroom apartment rental the lowest, thats walking distance to a Shul and safe?

doctorima

Post Mon, Feb 05 2018, 12:18 pm
It's certainly not cheap, but I recently read that the UWS has among the lowest rents in NYC, and it's certainly near many shul options and safe, but 3-BR there will still cost you a small fortune.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Feb 05 2018, 12:47 pm
doctorima wrote:
It's certainly not cheap, but I recently read that the UWS has among the lowest rents in NYC, and it's certainly near many shul options and safe, but 3-BR there will still cost you a small fortune.

Gimme a break. I heard that UWS 3 Bedroom apartments averaged $8,000 a month 10 years ago.

nicole81

Post Mon, Feb 05 2018, 1:03 pm
I guess Mill Basin and Georgetown are better priced than Flatbush, or at least the apartments are bigger and the area is nicer IMO. I see 3 bedroom apartments for rent for around $2,000-$2,500/month, give or take.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Feb 05 2018, 1:07 pm
doctorima wrote:

I lived on the uws. Rents there are way higher than in Brooklyn, except maybe on par with Williamsburg.

doctorima

Post Mon, Feb 05 2018, 2:56 pm
amother wrote:
I lived on the uws. Rents there are way higher than in Brooklyn, except maybe on par with Williamsburg.

I was responding to Cerise, who asked where in NYC that's near a shul is cheapest neighborhood. Perhaps I misunderstood, but I thought that unlike OP who specified all 5 boroughs, Cerise was using NYC to mean Manhattan, which is why I mentioned the UWS. Obviously Manhattan is way more expensive than any other borough, but within Manhattan, it only gets more expensive the farther downtown you go, hence the UWS recommendation.

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Feb 05 2018, 3:30 pm
doctorima wrote:
I was responding to Cerise, who asked where in NYC that's near a shul is cheapest neighborhood. Perhaps I misunderstood, but I thought that unlike OP who specified all 5 boroughs, Cerise was using NYC to mean Manhattan, which is why I mentioned the UWS. Obviously Manhattan is way more expensive than any other borough, but within Manhattan, it only gets more expensive the farther downtown you go, hence the UWS recommendation.

lower east side is significantly cheaper than upper west

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Feb 05 2018, 4:02 pm
I don't know exactly what the rent situation is nowadays, but Seagate is supposed to have reasonable rent, is safe and has many shuls.

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Feb 05 2018, 4:11 pm
amother wrote:

What's your budget?

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Feb 05 2018, 5:03 pm
I grew up in Warbasse. It was all Russian then but many frum ppl are moving in now
You can get a 2 bedroom apt for 1200 if you are income eligible

Its very safe

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Feb 05 2018, 5:40 pm
Kensington or marine park
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating