Home

What to do- dtr has bf
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




Emerald


Post  Mon, Feb 12 2018, 6:22 pm
amother wrote:
she doesn’t know this guy it’s not like a friend or neighbor that she knows and likes- she said he texted her by mistake was off a number- still not sure how that evolved...she hasn’t even seen him or a picture
I don’t buy this for one second!!! I would put down money that she’s not being honest with you. Why do you believe her??
Back to top

FranticFrummie









  


Post  Mon, Feb 12 2018, 6:47 pm
How can your give a girl a smart phone, and not warn her about anonymous people? That's the FIRST thing I taught DD, when she was 11, and playing Minecraft with other kids. Everyone is so worried about Stranger Danger in real life, when we really need to be talking to our kids about internet safety. That's the real danger out there.

If this boy is really a boy, and is completely innocent, what's going to happen to him when he finds out that DD was "just exploring and having fun"? He might get his heart broken, that's what. He may just be a sweet kid, and caught up in the "romance" too.

I told DD that the reason we don't date before we are serious about marriage, is because it's not nice to get someone all involved, if you're not emotionally mature enough to make a commitment. It only ends in tears on all sides. Think about the other party's feelings, not just your own.

If she truly cares for this boy, she'll be honest with him and not lead him on if this thing is going nowhere.

Let's turn this around for a minute. If you had an 18yo son, and a girl was flirting with him online for an extended period of time, and he thought she was really into him, would you want him to be crushed when the relationship ended? Boys have feelings, too.
Back to top

dancingqueen









  


Post  Mon, Feb 12 2018, 6:52 pm
Op ask her what his name is and google him for starters.
Back to top

Bizzydizzymommy









  


Post  Mon, Feb 12 2018, 7:19 pm
OP, my biggest concern is that your daughter is corresponding with someone she says she never met . For her own safety a background check should be done on the guy.
Her safety is most important . After that I would worry about the other things.
Your daughter could also be lying, which I would not be surprise about either .
Back to top

amother




Burgundy


Post  Mon, Feb 12 2018, 9:28 pm
amother wrote:
There must be a history to this girl. Girls from such sheltered homes don't do these things.


Wow, you are REALLY naive. Some of the most yeshivish Bais yaakov girls get caught up in this. Especially with everyone having their own phones. Don't be a naive parent.

Op- I had a friend (girl) that pranked another girl and pretended to be a guy for months. They texted and messaged and then they were gonna meet.


I know older men who lied about their age to be a teen.

But it's possible she just doesn't want to tell you the truth. Talk to her about safety and common sense and then trust her. She'll be living on her own soon. She's almost an adult. But do educate her about the danger out there.
Back to top

estif









  


Post  Tue, Feb 13 2018, 1:20 am
amother wrote:
Did you read that they haven’t even met? So obviously they enjoy each other’s personalities. Read the posts before answering things that are irrelevant.


You remain anonymous so I cannot message you however your words hurt me!!
I am entitled to My hashkafa which is based on gedolei yisroel and I believe that caution must be taken and I may respond to any thing I feel to
Back to top

imasoftov









  


Post  Tue, Feb 13 2018, 4:46 am
amother wrote:
... My daughters would be expelled from school if they were found interacting with a boy.

Sounds like a win-win.
Back to top

imasoftov









  


Post  Tue, Feb 13 2018, 5:06 am
estif wrote:
You remain anonymous so I cannot message you however your words hurt me!!
I am entitled to My hashkafa which is based on gedolei yisroel and I believe that caution must be taken and I may respond to any thing I feel to

I'm curious if "texting is out of the question" (from your post upthread) is "based on gedolei yisroel" and if so I'd like to see precisely who said what.
Back to top

estif









  


Post  Tue, Feb 13 2018, 5:56 am
צ'אט באנגלית זה "פיטפוט" ובבכל פיטפוט יש "ביטול תורה למהדרין".
אם זה של גברים עם נשים יש בזה גם איסור של "אל תרבה שיחה עם האישה". וכיון שבדרך כלל אינך יודע עם מי אתה מדבר - אל תכנס לשם אם אינך חייב.

אתה הרי יודע שהרבה דברים ש"בחורים טובים" לא היו מעזים לדבר עליהם בינם לבין עצמם ובודאי לא עם בנות - הם מרשים לעצמם לדבר על כך בצ'אטים אפילו עם בנות באומרם "זה רק שיחות וירוטואליות".
אבל כולנו יודעים שהשיחות הללו הן מאוד משמעותיות לחיים. הן מובילים בהרבה מקרים לנזק גדול יותר ממה שנראה בתחילה.

כשמדובר בבנים ובנות רווקים זה נראה כמו "שעשוע" שעיקרו הוא "ביזבוז זמן" במקרה הטוב. "שיחות אסורות" במקרה הפחות טוב, וגלישה למחוזות אסורים במקרה שעוד פחות טוב.

בהצלחה
התשובה התקבלה הרב שמואל אליהו
בתאריך ז תמוז תשס"ב


הרב אבינר בשו"ת SMS Sadפורסם בעולם קטן)
האם אפשר להתכתב בפורום עם בנים שאני לא מכירה?
הרב אבינר: אסור, את צריכה להתכתב רק עם בנות.


תוכן השאלה:
שלום. אנחנו עושות פעילות בכיתה על צניעות, בחרנו בנושא: צניעות-בינו לבינה, נשמח אם תוכלו לעזור לנו בכמה שאלות.
הנושא הספציפי שבחרנו הוא: גבולות הדיבור עם בנים. 1. האם מותר להתווכח עם בנים בענייני הלכות? ואם כן, באיזו דרך (אינטרנט, פנים מול פנים, וכו´..)? 2. האם מותר להתכתב עם בן בפורום לא על נושאים הלכתיים? וזהו, בכללי עד איזה גבולות אפשר, (בעניין דיבור בלבד) וזה דחוף. תודה רבה!!!!

תוכן התשובה:
שלום לך,

כלל הברזל הוא שאסורים דיבורים שיוצרים קשר נפשי.

1. להתוכח פעם פעמיים זה בסדר, אבל דיונים רבים בהחלט מובילים לקשר נפשי ולכן אסורים. ויכוחים בפורומים פחות בעיתיים, לדעתי.

2. התכתבות דינה כדיבור, בין אם היא במכתבים, במיילים, בפורומים או בצ´טים.


יישר כח על הרצון לחזק את עניני הצניעות

טוביה
tsbias@actcom.co.il

התשובה התקבלה חברים מקשיבים
בתאריך כ"ו כסליו תשס"ז

בתאריך ל סיון תשס"ב
Back to top

estif









  


Post  Tue, Feb 13 2018, 6:06 am
זוגיות - שאל את הרב
קשר עם בחור

כ"ב אדר התשע"ז | 20.03.17 00:00
שאלה

שלום לכבוד הרב. אני לא מזמן ניתקתי קשר עם בחורים שדיברתי איתם, לא קיבלתי את זה על עצמי אבל אני לא מדברת ואני ממש נמנעת לא לדבר.אבל יש איזה בחור אחד שאני רוצה ליצור איתו קשר וקשה לי עם העניין הזה אני רוצה לדבר איתו מה דעת הרב?
תשובה

שלום וברכה

אל תתפתי לעצת היצר ואל תעשי זאת בשום אופן. קשר עם בנים הינו איסור תורה כשלעצמו וזאת מלבד שזה יכול להביא חטאים חמורים ביותר.

היי חזקה! שימרי על טהרתך ועל קדושתך ובעז"ה תזכי לזיווג הגון

בנימין שמואלי
Back to top

DrMom









  


Post  Tue, Feb 13 2018, 6:26 am
Is this from FrumTeens (or some Israeli equivalent)?

Anyhow, different rabbanim have different opinions. To present these letters as universal opinion is disingenuous.
Back to top

nomismommy









  


Post  Tue, Feb 13 2018, 7:07 am
This reminds me of my time in sem. There were a bunch of girls (all modern though) who had a bf. I will never forget how they made endless kippot for their bfs during shiurim.
All of them got married after sem.

One if my rabbis also had a son.. He was a bit otd and had a girlfriend who was completely otd. The rabbi and his wife did everything to "punish". It didn't help. One day the son told his dad that he had relations with his gf.
The dad was obviously distraught. He decided to invite the girl for shabbos and allowed the son to have her over at the house whenever someone was home. The girl soon got bored and decided to break up.

So it depends on the guy. Does he really like your daughter? Does he just want an adventure and it's more exciting to him because she has boundaries and he has to wear them down?

I think it's wrong to tell girls that all guys just want relations and that's it. Because it's simply not true. There are some nice guys out there. But it's difficult to be honest with oneself when you're 18..

Good luck to you and also your daughter!
Back to top

Aylat









  


Post  Tue, Feb 13 2018, 7:41 am
DrMom wrote:
Is this from FrumTeens (or some Israeli equivalent)?

Anyhow, different rabbanim have different opinions. To present these letters as universal opinion is disingenuous.


Each quote was clearly sourced. Not at all passed off as universal opinion.
Back to top

salt









  


Post  Tue, Feb 13 2018, 8:26 am
DrMom wrote:
Is this from FrumTeens (or some Israeli equivalent)?

Anyhow, different rabbanim have different opinions. To present these letters as universal opinion is disingenuous.


She (poster estif) was not saying that this is the only opinion.
imasoftov asked for quotes from Rabbis who disallow texting and chatting with the opposite gender.
That's why she's quoting all those teshuvot.
I'm very impressed with how many relevant teshuvot she found and posted so quickly.
They're from a 'ask the rav' question and answer application or website.
Back to top

DrMom









  


Post  Tue, Feb 13 2018, 9:46 am
salt wrote:
She (poster estif) was not saying that this is the only opinion.
imasoftov asked for quotes from Rabbis who disallow texting and chatting with the opposite gender.
That's why she's quoting all those teshuvot.
I'm very impressed with how many relevant teshuvot she found and posted so quickly.
They're from a 'ask the rav' question and answer application or website.

estif made very definitive statements about texting being forbidden. She said her hashkafa was "based on gedolei yisroel."
Back to top

amother




Lilac


Post  Tue, Feb 13 2018, 11:19 am
estif wrote:
צ'אט באנגלית זה "פיטפוט" ובבכל פיטפוט יש "ביטול תורה למהדרין".
אם זה של גברים עם נשים יש בזה גם איסור של "אל תרבה שיחה עם האישה". וכיון שבדרך כלל אינך יודע עם מי אתה מדבר - אל תכנס לשם אם אינך חייב.

אתה הרי יודע שהרבה דברים ש"בחורים טובים" לא היו מעזים לדבר עליהם בינם לבין עצמם ובודאי לא עם בנות - הם מרשים לעצמם לדבר על כך בצ'אטים אפילו עם בנות באומרם "זה רק שיחות וירוטואליות".
אבל כולנו יודעים שהשיחות הללו הן מאוד משמעותיות לחיים. הן מובילים בהרבה מקרים לנזק גדול יותר ממה שנראה בתחילה.

כשמדובר בבנים ובנות רווקים זה נראה כמו "שעשוע" שעיקרו הוא "ביזבוז זמן" במקרה הטוב. "שיחות אסורות" במקרה הפחות טוב, וגלישה למחוזות אסורים במקרה שעוד פחות טוב.

בהצלחה
התשובה התקבלה הרב שמואל אליהו
בתאריך ז תמוז תשס"ב


הרב אבינר בשו"ת SMS Sadפורסם בעולם קטן)
האם אפשר להתכתב בפורום עם בנים שאני לא מכירה?
הרב אבינר: אסור, את צריכה להתכתב רק עם בנות.


תוכן השאלה:
שלום. אנחנו עושות פעילות בכיתה על צניעות, בחרנו בנושא: צניעות-בינו לבינה, נשמח אם תוכלו לעזור לנו בכמה שאלות.
הנושא הספציפי שבחרנו הוא: גבולות הדיבור עם בנים. 1. האם מותר להתווכח עם בנים בענייני הלכות? ואם כן, באיזו דרך (אינטרנט, פנים מול פנים, וכו´..)? 2. האם מותר להתכתב עם בן בפורום לא על נושאים הלכתיים? וזהו, בכללי עד איזה גבולות אפשר, (בעניין דיבור בלבד) וזה דחוף. תודה רבה!!!!

תוכן התשובה:
שלום לך,

כלל הברזל הוא שאסורים דיבורים שיוצרים קשר נפשי.

1. להתוכח פעם פעמיים זה בסדר, אבל דיונים רבים בהחלט מובילים לקשר נפשי ולכן אסורים. ויכוחים בפורומים פחות בעיתיים, לדעתי.

2. התכתבות דינה כדיבור, בין אם היא במכתבים, במיילים, בפורומים או בצ´טים.


יישר כח על הרצון לחזק את עניני הצניעות

טוביה
tsbias@actcom.co.il

התשובה התקבלה חברים מקשיבים
בתאריך כ"ו כסליו תשס"ז

בתאריך ל סיון תשס"ב


Perhaps you can post these in English for those whose Hebrew isn't so great?
Back to top

estif









  


Post  Tue, Feb 13 2018, 1:54 pm
all I did was google it and copy pasted, it may be translated by google as well, another thinh is that I really don't sit and learn thats my husbands job so my sources are limitted but when I spoke to him about this he challenged anyone to find 1 reliable source which permits texting between b&g
Back to top

SixOfWands









  


Post  Tue, Feb 13 2018, 2:04 pm
Interesting sources. They basically assur all forms of social media, since you don't know who you're talking to, and there may be people of the opposite gender. I assume that none of us hold that way.
Back to top

fmt4









  


Post  Tue, Feb 13 2018, 2:12 pm
estif wrote:
all I did was google it and copy pasted, it may be translated by google as well, another thinh is that I really don't sit and learn thats my husbands job so my sources are limitted but when I spoke to him about this he challenged anyone to find 1 reliable source which permits texting between b&g


Because that’s what teenage girls care about. If there is a reliable source who permits texting. Rolling Eyes
Back to top

WhatFor









  


Post  Tue, Feb 13 2018, 2:53 pm
estif wrote:
all I did was google it and copy pasted, it may be translated by google as well, another thinh is that I really don't sit and learn thats my husbands job so my sources are limitted but when I spoke to him about this he challenged anyone to find 1 reliable source which permits texting between b&g


Can u google what those rabbis say abt posting on social media generally like this site im curious thx
Back to top
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 3 of 4 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers

Similar Topics Replies Last Post
How do I proceed now with married dtr
by amother
12 Mon, May 02 2016, 6:06 pm View last post

Jump to:  




Report offensive ad