Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Monsey Neighbrohoods

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 7:48 am
Looking for updated info on neighbrohoods in Monsey (Airmont, Chestnut Ridge, New City..)

Out of Town Yeshivish family (meaning we are more open minded than a very in town yeshivish family, we grew up with a big mix of families around us). Want a yeshiva/kollel neighbrohood, but still with a mix of working families. Our oldest is 6.

Tell me EVERYTHING about the neighbrohoods, where kids go to school, types of housing (size of houses/typical cost) etc..

We are currently in E"Y, and will have a chance to visit monsey when we come in this Nissan. I want to be as educated as possible before we get there.

Thank you all

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 7:58 am
Dexter Park area in CHestnut is meant for you.

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 10:05 am
oh boy! not just a neighbrohood but exactly which part of the neighbrohood!

why would you say it's for me? I dont know the differences between any part of chestnut ridge.

why not new city or airmont (only picking out thoses based on what ive heard, but again, im here to really be educated)

what is the housing like in dexter park? big houses/ small houses/mix of both? bult recently or built ages ago?

keeplearning

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 6:18 pm
There is a new neighborhood (about a year old) in Havestraw (over route 202). It is a Yeshivish neighborhood but there is a spectrum of people with kids going to all different Monsey schools. There are different options of housing such as attached houses (upper $200K-$300K), high-ranches ($400-$500K), and colonials ($500+). It is about 15minutes from main Monsey but there are kosher groceries, stores and pizza shops within 10minute drive.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 6:35 pm
Airmont is very Chasidish for the most part .
New City I'm told is very yeshivish
Chestnut Ridge -Children's Park/ Dexter Park/ Scotland Hill area had a mix of yeshivish kolell and working and some Chasidish
Yeshiva Bais Dovid, Yeshiva Degel Hatorah and Bais Mikroh are boys schools to look into for your type

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 6:55 pm
I also think Dexter Park will be perfect for you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating