Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
First World Problems
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

SuperWify

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 5:31 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
I stood on my pregnant feet all deed cooking hundreds of dollars worth of food for the Purim Seuda. This morning when DH went to take something out of the freezer he discovered the freezer was not working and the ice cream dessert and Everything was defrosted!!! I was not going to kvetch. I didn't tell anyone. But now right here this platform was put before me, so how could I resist and not complain?

My! What a bummer!
Is the food bad? Can it be salvaged?

Fox

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 5:54 pm
So my meddlesome DDs insisted I get a "real" shaitel for Druscilla's chassunah instead of simply ordering a nice synthetic one online. Druscilla had won a $500 gift certificate to a specific shaitel macher which she didn't wish to use, so combined with what I was pressured to spend (by the meddlesome DDs, not the shaitel macher), I bought one that would probably retail for about $1400.

Now, I realize that this isn't considered wildly expensive in the shaitel world, but it's about $1200 more than I usually spend, so it was a big deal.

I don't hate it, but it's too dark, too curly, and a little too long. I think it's too young for me, though I might have been influenced by my mother telling me that I look like, "mutton dressed as lamb."

The meddlesome DDs love it, but what do they know.

I could have it cut, straightened a bit, and have highlights added to soften it a little, and I'd probably be happier. But that will cost money, too, and I'll have to go there and have a whole discussion with the shaitel macher, and then go back again to have styled after it's been colored . . . Grrr!

Which is why it's definitely a first-world problem, and a solveable one at that. But for the $900 I spent, I could have had found a used Louis Vuitton Neverfull MM or Keepall 60 in Epi Black with brass fittings! Just sayin'

Boca00

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 6:03 pm
My friend and I share a babysitter. We've had her for 3 years and loved her. Now she is getting burnt out. She is on her phone way too much, keeps the babies in their carseats and told us they cry all day. Sad
We are hiring another babysitter to come help her for 2 hours a day... We'll see if that helps.

tigerwife

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 6:17 pm
Fox wrote:
So my meddlesome DDs insisted I get a "real" shaitel for Druscilla's chassunah instead of simply ordering a nice synthetic one online. Druscilla had won a $500 gift certificate to a specific shaitel macher which she didn't wish to use, so combined with what I was pressured to spend (by the meddlesome DDs, not the shaitel macher), I bought one that would probably retail for about $1400.

Now, I realize that this isn't considered wildly expensive in the shaitel world, but it's about $1200 more than I usually spend, so it was a big deal.

I don't hate it, but it's too dark, too curly, and a little too long. I think it's too young for me, though I might have been influenced by my mother telling me that I look like, "mutton dressed as lamb."

I could have it cut, straightened a bit, and have highlights added to soften it a little, and I'd probably be happier. But that will cost money, too, and I'll have to go there and have a whole discussion with the shaitel macher, and then go back again to have styled after it's been colored . . . Grrr!

Which is why it's definitely a first-world problem, and a solveable one at that. But for the $900 I spent, I could have had found a used Louis Vuitton Neverfull MM or Keepall 60 in Epi Black with brass fittings! Just sayin'

Mazel tov on your daughter's engagement! Iyh by rest of them!

Fox

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 6:36 pm
tigerwife wrote:
Mazel tov on your daughter's engagement! Iyh by rest of them!

Thank you! At least I'll have a shaitel ready to go!

penguin

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 8:34 pm
penguin wrote:
Quote:
I just bought a really cute folding stool - just because the design matches my bathroom! (Although I wish this thread was anonymous ... don't ask to use my private bathroom please)

And one of the hinges is bent. And I'm going to have to call & see if they will replace it!

Quote:
Btw I love the stepstool. Where did you get it?
And im going to need to see more pictures of your bathroom to decide if it passes my standards for me to come use it.

Have fun!

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 10:12 pm
My cleaning lady can't make triangles. I needed her to bring up the sides of the circles to make hamentashem.

I have squares, uterus shapes, desert skulls, lips with a tongue sticking out- but no 3 corner hats.

It is kind of like looking at clouds guessing the picture.

Coffee Addict

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 10:23 pm
My 2 little ones finally settled on a costume. A bear! For gods sake. We want to order it in a mazeldige shoo and the price drastically went up!! On amazon. NOW WHAT?

simba

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 10:40 pm
My IPad is dying and I don't want to get out of bed to put it on the charger!

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 10:41 pm
simba wrote:
My IPad is dying and I don't want to get out of bed to put it on the charger!

That's when I know it's time to go to sleep .

gold21

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 11:12 pm
Fox wrote:

Mazal Tov!!

ROFL

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 11:59 pm
Haven’t been in imamother much lately but so happy to hear about Drusicalla engagement. May you have much nachat from all. Your dd’s

Fox wrote:

penguin

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 1:44 am
Quote:
My cleaning lady can't make triangles. I needed her to bring up the sides of the circles to make hamentashem.

I have squares, uterus shapes, desert skulls, lips with a tongue sticking out- but no 3 corner hats.

Hey, sounds like fun. Maybe you can do a Rorschach theme? Dress the kids as psychiatrists...not sure what else goes with it.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 3:11 am
penguin wrote:
penguin wrote:
Quote:
I just bought a really cute folding stool - just because the design matches my bathroom! (Although I wish this thread was anonymous ... don't ask to use my private bathroom please)

And one of the hinges is bent. And I'm going to have to call & see if they will replace it!

Quote:
Btw I love the stepstool. Where did you get it?
And im going to need to see more pictures of your bathroom to decide if it passes my standards for me to come use it.

Have fun!

And there’s one that matches my bathroom too!

blueberrypie

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 6:55 am

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 9:40 am
Someone left my cake out in the rain. I don't think that I can take it!!!!!!

giselle

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 9:43 am
My walk in closet doesn’t have a vent inside and it is freezing in the winter!

keym

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 9:52 am
Squishy wrote:

I have been thinking of the perfecr gift to send my ob/gyn and you just gave it to me- uterus hamantaschen. I'll give you his address and you'll send him a platter of your nicest uteruses. Ok?

relish

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 9:56 am
penguin wrote:
Quote:

Hey, sounds like fun. Maybe you can do a Rorschach theme? Dress the kids as psychiatrists...not sure what else goes with it.

Some pills in a mecidine bottle.
Marshmellows connected with toothpicks to form a couch.
The paper that usually says who it's from should be astronomically high bill.

grace413

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 9:58 am
I'm so tired of grocery shopping. Why is everybody here constantly eating?
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics