Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Who know wines

amother
Oak

Post Fri, Mar 09 2018, 5:22 am
I'm looking for the driest lowest alcohol wine in the market, for the Seder.
Grape juice is not an option the sugar gets me VERY sick.

Also I am taking a certain gel on the skin that intensifies the affect of alcohol, I.e. Makes you drunk faster.
I asked the dr. already, he told me to call him when I have the info for him to approve.

flowerpower

Post Fri, Mar 09 2018, 5:25 am
Kedem makes Matuk Kal or something like that. It's 4.5%. They also sell a 3% wine. I can't remember the name now. If you can, go into a wine store. Or at least call one. They'll give you names of the weakest wines out there.

mammale

Post Fri, Mar 09 2018, 5:29 am
Also find out what size about you need to drink. Get the smallest cup allowed.

amother
Oak

Post Fri, Mar 09 2018, 5:34 am
flowerpower wrote:
Kedem makes Matuk Kal or something like that. It's 4.5%. They also sell a 3% wine. I can't remember the name now. If you can, go into a wine store. Or at least call one. They'll give you names of the weakest wines out there.

Matuk Kal is sweet, I'm looking for a dry version. Also something I can add water to and still be concidered wine.
I need something similar to Eminent by Kesser, but lower in alcohol. I think Eminent is 7%.
I know that it's hard to find low alcohol and dry, don't know if something exsists lower than 7%.

I use a cup that's a little less than 4 oz.

crust

Post Fri, Mar 09 2018, 7:07 am
The wines lower in alcohol are sweet.

The lowest I had was a 6.5% dry wine.
It was a cheaper version of the Baron Herzog Cabernet Sauvignon style but was a percent lower in alcohol and it served the same purpose.

rgr

Post Fri, Mar 09 2018, 7:22 am
Concord kal is 3.5% , also a little sweet

kb

Post Fri, Mar 09 2018, 7:24 am
Just go into any wine store and tell them what you're looking for.

amother
Beige

Post Fri, Mar 09 2018, 7:35 am
Kedem makes a light grape jc which has half the sugar.

You can add some water to it I guess ask a shailah.
And use the smaller cup allowed

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Mar 09 2018, 10:29 am
One of the books lists this, or at least it used to. Matuk kal does not have added sugar afaik. But see if you can get that, it lists the alcohol percent, whether or not it has added sugar and added water and if it's mevushal or not. (People who are machmir try to use not mevushal & no added sugar or water for the seder so the information is out there somewhere. )

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Mar 09 2018, 10:33 am
We use Malvasia. It's not dry, but not too sweet. 5% alcohol.

amother
Oak

Post Fri, Mar 09 2018, 12:08 pm
I appreciate all your suggestions
But still all these have too much sugar for me
Even if there’s no added sugar, it’s still sugar.

I usually use eminent dry, but I’m taking something that magnifys the alcohol. Don’t know how to explain.
If it’s 7%, it will absorb into the body as if it’s 14%. At least that’s what the dr. Said to me. It makes you drunk faster.

STovah

Post Fri, Mar 09 2018, 12:23 pm
I think I had Rashi lite last year and while it was sweet it was more tolerable than Matuk/Concord Kal and Malvasia. Wish there was some magic way to make a dry wine with a lower alcohol content.

animeme

Post Fri, Mar 09 2018, 12:30 pm
amother wrote:

I usually use eminent dry, but I’m taking something that magnifys the alcohol. Don’t know how to explain.
If it’s 7%, it will absorb into the body as if it’s 14%. At least that’s what the dr. Said to me. It makes you drunk faster.

Talk to your rav about watering down the Eminent Dry. See how far you can go, and calculate the alcohol based on that.

amother
Oak

Post Sat, Mar 10 2018, 6:07 pm
animeme wrote:
Talk to your rav about watering down the Eminent Dry. See how far you can go, and calculate the alcohol based on that.

Yes I think that’s my best option
Thanks

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 12:24 am
Another point to bring up with the Rav:

Find out the minimum shiur of a Reviis according to your Rav (according to R' Chaim No'eh, it's 2.9 fl oz). Get a cup not much larger. You only need to drink Rov Reviis (most of a reviis) according to most opinions, which means about 1.5 oz.

Even at 14% alcohol, 1.5 oz x 4 spread out over 3+ hours, shouldn't be too much. Especially if you water it down...

Iymnok

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 12:31 am
Ask if you could have only a malei lugmav, a cheekful.
Drink a full cup of water after each kos. Many don't realize that drinking water throughout the seder is permitted.
Is white wine easier on you?

Bnei Berak 10

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 12:20 pm
OP, a good tip: do your utmost to eat before the seder (before the chag) something that will fill you up. Alcohol works very quickly on an empty stomach. With digestion running and active, alcohol works slower.

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 4:03 pm
Iymnok wrote:
Ask if you could have only a malei lugmav, a cheekful.
Drink a full cup of water after each kos. Many don't realize that drinking water throughout the seder is permitted.
Is white wine easier on you?

Please explain how water helps
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics