Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Favorite things to bbq

tichellady

Post Sun, Mar 18 2018, 10:48 pm
Looking for ideas for bbq: so far we have done steak, chicken legs, corn, mushrooms and zuchinni

Any ideas what to do with white ground turkey? Any favorite methods for making beef hamburgers? Any other veggie ideas?

challahchallah

Post Sun, Mar 18 2018, 10:49 pm
In terms of veggie ideas, we love bbq tofu.

Rutabaga

Post Sun, Mar 18 2018, 10:50 pm
Pineapple

esther11

Post Sun, Mar 18 2018, 11:00 pm
We grill peppers (bell, sweet, spicy - your preference!), onions
Chicken cutlets marinated in Italian dressing is delicious.
We throw sliced deli on the grill with some bbq sauce and it’s delicious, corned beef is my personal favorite.
In terms of beef burgers I find that there are two schools of thought: straight ground beef or mixed with fillers and flavors (egg, bread crumbs, spices). It’s a personal preference thing again.

Hope that helps!

tichellady

Post Sun, Mar 18 2018, 11:31 pm
challahchallah wrote:
In terms of veggie ideas, we love bbq tofu.

Do you marinate it first?

challahchallah

Post Sun, Mar 18 2018, 11:49 pm
tichellady wrote:
Do you marinate it first?

Definitely. You can buy pre-marinated (I like the teriyaki kind) or marinate yourself in whatever you like best. If you want to marinate yourself, do a good job of pressing the water out first and then marinate overnight or longer. I like to just leave in a ziplock bag in marinade and everyone knows to just squish it around a little whenever they open the fridge.

momX4

Post Sun, Mar 18 2018, 11:53 pm
Salmon. my favorite. I found an Asian salmon recipe online and make it once a week in the summer.

tichellady

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 12:09 am
Thanks everyone!

tichellady

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 12:10 am
momX4 wrote:
Salmon. my favorite. I found an Asian salmon recipe online and make it once a week in the summer.

Please share the recipe. I’m nervous about overcooking salmon on the grill and I see such a variety of times online

DREAMING

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 1:09 am
Kishke!! (Mealmart frozen kishke, defrosted & sliced. )

Dark and light chicken cutlets ( plain or marinated with some oil, crushed garlic and spices)

Teomima

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 6:45 am
Cauliflower is one of my favorite foods to cook on the bbq. A little olive oil, salt, some balsamic vinegar if you want to get fancy. It's perfect! Crunchy and just a little charred...yum!

Tomatoes are also great, just got to watch them so you cook them to the point where they blister but not dry out. Also halved or quartered artichokes. Or wrap potatoes and onions in foil and cook those (in the coals, if you're not using gas).

Not for everyone, but I have a small dairy grill and I make haloumi cheese on it (in foil). Amazing!

momX4

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 6:53 am
tichellady wrote:
Please share the recipe. I’m nervous about overcooking salmon on the grill and I see such a variety of times online

https://www.allrecipes.com/rec.....on-I/
Grilled Salmon I

Prep 15 m
Cook 16 m
Ready In 2 h 31 m

A simple soy sauce and brown sugar marinade, with hints of lemon and garlic, are the perfect salty-sweet complement to rich salmon fillets. Even my 9 year old loves this recipe!"
Ingredients
1 1/2 pounds salmon fillets
lemon pepper to taste
garlic powder to taste
salt to taste

1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
Directions
Season salmon fillets with lemon pepper, garlic powder, and salt.
In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, brown sugar, water, and vegetable oil until sugar is dissolved. Place fish in a large resealable plastic bag with the soy sauce mixture, seal, and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Preheat grill for medium heat.
Lightly oil grill grate. Place salmon on the preheated grill, and discard marinade. Cook salmon for 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2018 Allrecipes.com
Printed From Allrecipes.com 3/19/2018

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 8:34 am
Grilled peaches for dessert

devash1

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 10:37 am
I didn't read through everything so maybe someone suggested onions. My kids came up this idea on their own where they cut the onion in half without the skin and put salt and pepper on it in a foil it is delicious.

shanie5

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 11:29 pm
eggplant. just brush with olive oil
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen