Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Long Island frum neighborhoods

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 9:22 am
What neighborhoods in Long Island are a within a 20 minute drive from Darchei and have a "yeshivish" crowd in the mix. Far Rockaway is very expensive and the prices are quickly rising in Inwood too for small houses that need work. For various reasons my dh does not want to move to Bayswater. We currently live in flatbush near BYA and love the crowd there. DH is in chinuch but we are from oot and like a healthy mix of all types living together. My oldest is in kindergarden so a more up and coming area is fine. Any ideas of places we should look into?

amother
White

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 9:26 am
Would you consider Long Beach? There's a toll to get there, but it has a slightly oot feel, the community is mixed and has a yeshivish crowd. I believe housing is much more reasonable than in Far Rockaway.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 9:47 am
Cedarhurst and Woodmere both have reasonably priced housing if you are willing to go with something smaller that's not in what's considered the better part of the neighborhood. While Both areas are not yeshivish, they have some yeshivish people living in these communities.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating