Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
A Surprise Thank You

Yael

Post Sun, Nov 04 2007, 7:21 pm
I should first mention that we've never had surprise guests before. Last week we had unexpected shabbos guests, a man and his young daughter were in town for shabbos with nowhere to go for the fri. night meal. my husband invited him to come in from the street and we had a very nice meal. I didnt think it was any big deal, I cut up some extra salad, and cut our chicken pieces in two. we actually really enjoyed the conversation and had a great time. just before shabbos the next week we recieved a delivery of a huge bouquet of flowers and a gift basket from this man and his wife (who wasnt there) expressing their gratitude for the last minute invitatiuon.
I was so surprised! I wasnt expecting anything at all, but they were so grateful.
has this ever happened to you? that you were surprised so hugely as a thank you for something you thought was no big deal?

Clarissa

Post Sun, Nov 04 2007, 7:35 pm
I used to work at this snooty store. The owner was a snob who didn't treat his customers equally, and could be particularly curt with customers who were African American, which really bugged us saleswomen. One day this guy came in, AA, who looked pretty blue collar compared to our usual clientele. I helped him find something special. A week later he came in and I remembered him and what he had purchased, and helped him again. He was so grateful for the service that he sent me this huge gift basket of goodies. I felt bad that he felt such gratitude for service that he deserved, but I was touched by the gesture. This was years ago but I held onto one cute thing from the basket, to remember him.

TzenaRena

Post Sun, Nov 04 2007, 7:39 pm
Something similar happened to us last year. It was a Pegisha Shabbos and someone came to 770 to participate in it (?) but maybe hadn't registered beforehand , somehow he needed a place to eat, and my husband invited him. I can't remember whether he also slept by us. He seemed to enjoy the meal, and our other guests. We learned that he had a connection with Chabad in his hometown. the following week, we received a beautiful boquet of flowers before Shabbos, and a note from his wife thanking us!

amother

Post Sun, Nov 04 2007, 7:53 pm
something similar happened to Donald Trump, where he got stuck and a lakewood guy helped him, and got his mortgage paid up after that...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics