Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Ques about immigration
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 9:42 am
Also - I remember very recently a very large bleeding hearts campaign regarding a man with many children (including special needs) who was serving jail time for white collar crimes.

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 9:50 am
amother wrote:
I disagree with you. I think people are much more genuine than you are describing. Generally.

I think there are some, but they are not the rich and powerful. Many of those people care about maintaining their wealth and power. They are concerned about their image.

Why do you think politicians pander to the Jews? They do this to keep a swing voting block happy. They want to keep the swing block happy because it keeps them in power. Frum Jews get a disproportionate supply of the available resources because of this reason.

If distribution of society's resources were based on compassion then less resources would go to frum Jews and go to poorer communities.

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 10:10 am
OP, I would ask the same question about liberals' stance on many issues.

Why do they care about women's rights, but not Muslim women who are victims of honor killings? Or the hundreds of newborn girls killed in pakistan because they were born female?

Why do they care about the rights of lgbt's, but not the lgbt's who are tortured and hanged by oppressive regimes?

And on.

simcha2

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 10:31 am
amother wrote:

Why do they care about women's rights, but not Muslim women who are victims of honor killings? Or the hundreds of newborn girls killed in pakistan because they were born female?

Why do they care about the rights of lgbt's, but not the lgbt's who are tortured and hanged by oppressive regimes?

And on.

Where do you see that? And where do you see that conservatives do care about these issues?

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 10:34 am
amother wrote:

And on.

that's right. Libs care more about ANIMALS than they do about people. That's why they care so much what happens to these illegals and their babies.

simcha2

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 10:44 am
amother wrote:
that's right. Libs care more about ANIMALS than they do about people. That's why they care so much what happens to these illegals and their babies.

Did you just call people, created by Hashem b'tzelem Elokim, animals? Did you forget we are Jewish and have yiras shamayim? Did you forget Hashem's words to Yonah?

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 10:48 am
simcha2 wrote:
Did you just call people, created by Hashem b'tzelem Elokim, animals? Did you forget we are Jewish and have yiras shamayim? Did you forget Hashem's words to Yonah?

sorry, I have no reason to call them people. did you ever see the conditions in the countries they came from? I'm totally with President Trump on this. They come from the nastiest places on earth and want to remake our country in their image. No more! WE ARE CLOSED!

simcha2

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 10:55 am
amother wrote:
sorry, I have no reason to call them people. did you ever see the conditions in the countries they came from? I'm totally with President Trump on this. They come from the nastiest places on earth and want to remake our country in their image. No more! WE ARE CLOSED!

So, because your neshama had the "luck" of being born in a first world country you are a person, but those born in other places aren't?
טוב ה לכל, ורחמיו על כל מעשיו

Are you really frum?

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 11:00 am
amother wrote:

President Trump called the MS - 13 gang members animals. It was the lying media and lying liberals who distorted his words.

Kill, rape, control is the motto of these gangs yet liberals and the media defend them. Where is the common sense of these people? Only sickos want these people to continue to slip though our borders and stay here.

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 11:08 am
simcha2 wrote:
So, because your neshama had the "luck" of being born in a first world country you are a person, but those born in other places aren't?
טוב ה לכל, ורחמיו על כל מעשיו

Are you really frum?

why is this even relevant? Do you think the millions of Trump voters in this country really care about your ideas of frumkeit?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 11:09 am
These threads make me really sad. Op seemingly wanted to actually have a conversation. She wanted to try to understand different perspectives. Within a few posts, this thread has become a mudslinging, name-calling hate fest full of regurgitated lies and misconceptions.

It is sad that people have lost the ability to engage in respectful discourse.
It is sad that adults engage in childish name calling with impunity.
It is sad that we have created a black & white society where everyone must fit into one of two boxes. (Why can't my beliefs be a conglomeration of both traditionally conservative and liberal beliefs?)
It is sad that we can no longer agree to disagree without letting our political beliefs color our interpersonal relationships.

I'm out.

simcha2

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 11:16 am
amother wrote:
why is this even relevant? Do you think the millions of Trump voters in this country really care about your ideas of frumkeit?

I was only asking about your frumkeit. This us a site for frum women. You at denying Hashem by calling the people he created animals.

simcha2

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 11:18 am
amother wrote:
These threads make me really sad. Op seemingly wanted to actually have a conversation. She wanted to try to understand different perspectives. Within a few posts, this thread has become a mudslinging, name-calling hate fest full of regurgitated lies and misconceptions.

It is sad that people have lost the ability to engage in respectful discourse.
It is sad that adults engage in childish name calling with impunity.
It is sad that we have created a black & white society where everyone must fit into one of two boxes. (Why can't my beliefs be a conglomeration of both traditionally conservative and liberal beliefs?)
It is sad that we can no longer agree to disagree without letting our political beliefs color our interpersonal relationships.

I'm out.

I agree with you. And despite my posts above I don't identify as a liberal. Because of this I feel the need to stand up for those castigated in these threads.
I am also appalled by the lack of recognizing Hashem.

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 11:35 am
amother wrote:

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or literal.

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 11:36 am
Libs are going to be very disappointed in November. They think spreading all these exaggerated sob stories about illegal babies is going to lead to a backlash and a huge blue wave. They don't realize Trump is doing exactly what he said he would and exactly what we elected him for. Real America has spoken. We're done being taken advantage of!

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 11:43 am
amother wrote:

They don't want to remake our country in their image. They want to escape for a reason...
I bet you don't feel bad for the six million Jews who perished at the hands of the Nazis ymsh and were denied entry to the US, UK, and most other countries. After all, they were from a war torn country of savage beasts.

Arent we (Jews) supposed to be rachmonim????

moonstone

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 11:46 am
Squishy wrote:
He has been an ICE fugitive since 2010. He didn't obey a lawful order to leave the country. He is not a legal asylum seeker.

He got married years later and had his kids years later. His wife marriage and kids didn't exist when he was he became a fugitive.

What kind of message do we send when we then give illegal rights based on subsequent events after they were told to leave the country. If all a fugitive has to is get married and have an anchor baby to get to stay, then our borders are meaningless.

What I don't understand is the lack of compassion for existing Americans. Unemployment among blacks and Latinos are at historic lows. This is because our border laws are being enforced.

Having illegal immigrants flood the country takes away opportunities for existing Americans. We need to help our own before we help the rest of the world.

I agree, and I feel the same way about the situation in Israel. There are tens of thousands of Africans in the country illegally. So many liberal tel avivans protesting to keep them here- why don't they feel sorry for their fellow tel avivans who live in the area where the illegals live? Those residents can't take their kids to the playground because of the crime the asylum-seekers cause. And they can't sell and move because no one in their right mind would buy an apt in that area these days. These illegal aliens should be deported to countries better equipped to absorb them. This is a tiny country with plenty of poor people that need to be taken care of. There's a limit to what we can do.

Some of them have had children here- that doesn't change the fact that they are here illegally. And that's before we even get to the whole issue of this being a Jewish state, not the right place for such a large influx of non Jews. It's a horrible situation and I wish the government would finally do something about it. I'm sure many will think I'm heartless, but I am very worried about the negative impact on this country and its citizens.

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 11:46 am
amother wrote:
Libs are going to be very disappointed in November. They think spreading all these exaggerated sob stories about illegal babies is going to lead to a backlash and a huge blue wave. They don't realize Trump is doing exactly what he said he would and exactly what we elected him for. Real America has spoken. We're done being taken advantage of!

I feel compassion for each individual illegal baby, and I don't identify as a liberal. Only when you look at the aggregate cost to our society, does the liberal policies scream a complete lack of understanding of the needs of the existing under class. Where is the compassion for the American babies? Why don't we highlight the cost to our own?

Why should our finite resources go to strangers? Schools, health care, housing, social services are alway strained. Why add ti the chaos?

I find the need to take care of our own underclass far outweighs the need to take of people who don't belong here.

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 11:54 am
it's not the government's job to "take care" of anyone. People should take care of themselves and thank G-d America gives us that freedom!

BH5745

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 12:06 pm
amother wrote:

You're wrong. The reason some countries look the way they do is not because of the hard working little guy, who's just trying to care for his family. It's because their countries are run by wicked, corrupt dictators. And do you know which country put many a puppet dictator in office, because its good for their interests- the USA.

And besides, don't be so sure of what the US will be like in the future. You have no idea what the country will look like 10, 20 years from now. That country, with its gay marriage, mass shootings, hollywood garbage, over the top consumerism, disgusting policies against migrants, and etc. is the closest thing to Sodom and Gomorrah of our times. So don't be surprised if the US remakes itself in the image of the types of banana republics you're speaking about. Then you might wish to move somewhere else.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics