Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Ques about immigration
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 9:05 pm
amother wrote:
He lost the popular vote. And he is the head of branch of the government, not a supreme leader.

who cares who won the popular vote?

all three houses controlled by Rs. I guess the people have spoken loud and clear who they want running things! and Congress knows not to stand in the way of Trump because then they won't get reelected. So he is kinda the supreme leader.

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 9:13 pm
amother wrote:

all three houses controlled by Rs. I guess the people have spoken loud and clear who they want running things! and Congress knows not to stand in the way of Trump because then they won't get reelected. So he is kinda the supreme leader.

Are you familiar with the judicial branch?

WhatFor

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 9:14 pm
amother wrote:

Can you tell me more about the "three houses"? And also about how the POTUS is a supreme leader? I love learning.

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 9:20 pm
WhatFor wrote:
Can you tell me more about the "three houses"? And also about how the POTUS is a supreme leader? I love learning.

AFAIK no literacy tests required to vote in the US.

WhatFor

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 9:21 pm
amother wrote:
Are you familiar with the judicial branch?

I think it was implied in the "three houses" of the US government. The White House, the Capitolhouse, and the Supreme Courthouse.

keym

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 9:21 pm
WhatFor wrote:

I wanna know more about how Congress doesnt stand in Trump's way. Because to my memory there were so many times Congress voted despite Trumps plan- particularly repealing ObamaCare.

Also I dont know which crystal ball you are reading from, but the analysts ive been reading are not 100% positive that the Republicans will be able to maintain control of the House. They will probably be able to maintain the Senate but not for sure.
And even though Trump is hoping to nominate more justices, we have to wait for the justices to decide to retire.

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 9:27 pm
WhatFor wrote:
I think it was implied in the "three houses" of the US government. The White House, the Capitolhouse, and the Supreme Courthouse.

Yes. And trump is not the supreme leader of the Supreme Court, by any stretch- even if he appoints a judge or three.

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 9:28 pm
amother wrote:
AFAIK no literacy tests required to vote in the US.

Clearly not.

WhatFor

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 9:34 pm
amother wrote:
Yes. And trump is not the supreme leader of the Supreme Court, by any stretch- even if he appoints a judge or three.

I said that tongue-in-cheek. Wink There obviously aren't three houses and in any case, no patriotic American would be celebrating the notion that our checks-and-balances is being eradicated as the interesting amother appears to be doing.

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 9:52 pm
WhatFor wrote:
I said that tongue-in-cheek. Wink There obviously aren't three houses and in any case, no patriotic American would be celebrating the notion that our checks-and-balances is being eradicated as the interesting amother appears to be doing.

I was willing to forgive the amother that maybe she confused branch and house.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 6:16 am
keym wrote:
I wanna know more about how Congress doesnt stand in Trump's way. Because to my memory there were so many times Congress voted despite Trumps plan- particularly repealing ObamaCare.

Also I dont know which crystal ball you are reading from, but the analysts ive been reading are not 100% positive that the Republicans will be able to maintain control of the House. They will probably be able to maintain the Senate but not for sure.
And even though Trump is hoping to nominate more justices, we have to wait for the justices to decide to retire.

did you hear anyone in the senate complain when Trump said he could pardon himself? Did anyone take action? You know why they won't? Because the American people are firmly behind Mr Trump!

He's appointing more federal judges than any president in history! No lefty judges are going to block the agenda WE voted him in on. Most cases get decided on a lower level, not in the Supreme Court.

"Not 100% positive". So, do you mean more like 99% positive they'll keep the House? LOL. Not bad for a president who's supposedly the biggest disaster in U.S. history. Guess the voters will have their say, not the liberal elites.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 6:18 am
WhatFor wrote:

Hey, don't blame me if the Senate isn't doing more to block the president. Maybe they know something you don't.

keym

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 6:46 am
Im just pointing out theres a big difference between "standing firmly behind the president" and "deciding not to fight over every idiotic statement and just trying to co function and limp together".
Congress (each member individually and the Republican party as a whole) are firmly in the 2nd camp.
They agree with most of Trumps basic policies are happy with many of the results but are personally and collectively ashamed of the insanity and means that they got there.
And I dont know who you hang out with, but my friends and I who are politically similar agree with many of the theoretical policies but are furious about the nastiness and idiocies.
And yes statements that show he feels hes above the law and checks and balances dont apply really really scare us.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 6:56 am
keym wrote:
Im just pointing out theres a big difference between "standing firmly behind the president" and "deciding not to fight over every idiotic statement and just trying to co function and limp together".
Congress (each member individually and the Republican party as a whole) are firmly in the 2nd camp.
They agree with most of Trumps basic policies are happy with many of the results but are personally and collectively ashamed of the insanity and means that they got there.
And I dont know who you hang out with, but my friends and I who are politically similar agree with many of the theoretical policies but are furious about the nastiness and idiocies.
And yes statements that show he feels hes above the law and checks and balances dont apply really really scare us.

But you'll keep voting for him or his party to get the results you want. See? That's what I'm talking about. The American people only care about results. They know only Mr Trump will deliver.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 7:06 am
amother wrote:
But you'll keep voting for him or his party to get the results you want. See? That's what I'm talking about. The American people only care about results. They know only Mr Trump will deliver.

As another poster mentioned- if you want to speak about ‘the American people’ you can’t ignore that more than 50% of them did not vote for trump.

Feel free to continue to talk about American people who have the same political inclinations as you do.

Out of curiosity, which of Trumps policies is the one that speaks to you personally the most.

keym

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 7:17 am
amother wrote:

You keep saying him and his party. How he controls everything. He and the party are totally separate entity that are compelled to work together and have many similar goals. They are not the same thing.
Read. Read how many of Trumps bills were scrapped by the Republican House and the Republican Senate.
Read about the in fighting. Read about Trumps relationship with Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnel.
Read about the House and Senate seats the Republicans lost SINCE Nov 2016.
Read about the Republican senators and congressmen who are retiring this Nov and the Democrats have a shot in districts that the Republicans previously considered "safe".
Read about the Republican governors who lost elections.
Read about red states turning "purple".

It is not as simple and black and white as you are making it out to be.
In my opinion the reason we have President Trump has less to do with the People's Will and everything to do with 1) two party political system
2) the insane 6 month primary/caucus system including each states individual laws (winner take all or such)
3) the amount of Republican contenders
4) the electoral college
5) the fact that Trump was running against Hillary. (I know Republicans get flamed for harping on this but its true. A different, less controversial candidate would have won against Trump.)

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 7:19 am
amother wrote:
As another poster mentioned- if you want to speak about ‘the American people’ you can’t ignore that more than 50% of them did not vote for trump.

Feel free to continue to talk about American people who have the same political inclinations as you do.

Out of curiosity, which of Trumps policies is the one that speaks to you personally the most.

Like I said before, who cares who won the popular vote? All that matters is who's in power. The fact that members of Congress aren't doing more to push back on Trump tells me they know they won't be reelected if they do. If they hold Congress in November, that's another pretty strong indication that America is behind Mr Trump.

I like that he's not Hillary. How about that? I can't imagine how he could possibly be worse than her.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 7:29 am
amother wrote:
sorry, I have no reason to call them people. did you ever see the conditions in the countries they came from? I'm totally with President Trump on this. They come from the nastiest places on earth and want to remake our country in their image. No more! WE ARE CLOSED!

Well, I certainly hope that you say that, in your own name, when women come here discussing their husbands coming to the US.

That you feel the same way about Jews who may be fleeing from persecution.

But I'm awfully grateful that you weren't in charge when my people came from Belarus, Russia and Austria.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 7:41 am
amother wrote:
Good voch to all!

So this has been bugging me for a while.
If a person did a crime, fraud, etc, for 10 years and then he was caught, why is everyone ok with him going to jail?

Actually, no one is OK with him being tried and imprisoned after 10 years.

In NY, the statute of limitations for fraud is 6 years. After 10 years, he'd walk free.

The statute of limitations for robbery is 5 years. After 10 years, he'd walk free.

Even manslaughter is 5 years.

So why is it that there is no statute of limitations on immigration. That someone can be brought to the US as a child. Know nothing of his native country. Go to school. Get a job. Pay taxes. (Undocumented immigrants pay $12 billion of taxes every single year.) Have a family. And then be deported 20 or 30 years later.

Your analogy fails -- or more to the point, your analogy demonstrates why there should be amnesty programs for undocumented aliens.

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 8:29 am
amother wrote:
He lost the popular vote. And he is the head of branch of the government, not a supreme leader.

The popular vote was not the race for President.

Trump ran the only race that counts.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics