Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
This seems to be helping speak less LH

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Jun 14 2018, 6:54 am
I heard from a source that I consider to be very reliable that in the Oilam HaEmes when you get there that the mitzvois and aveirois you get don't match up with what you did because if you speak LH about someone they get your mitzvois and you get their aveirois.

I completely believe this to be true because of who said it.

So now when I am seething mad at someone I no longer want to speak LH about then like I did previously because the last thing I want to do is give them my mitzvois.

In the zechus of my sharing this may we all merit to do many many mitzvois and all merit the most beautiful place in Oilam HaBa. Also may I stop ever feeling seething mad at people.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jun 14 2018, 6:55 am
Mmmm. Then better not bother with other mitzvot if LH is a weakness.

Nope.

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Jun 14 2018, 6:58 am
Ruchel wrote:
Mmmm. Then better not bother with other mitzvot if LH is a weakness.

Nope.

I don't understand. Are you being sarcastic?

imasoftov

Post Thu, Jun 14 2018, 11:23 am
Whoever says a thing in the name of he who said it is a freier - anonymous

leah233

Post Thu, Jun 14 2018, 11:46 am
I don't want to counteract anything that prevents you from speaking LH but even so for accuracy sake (1)It is a opinion mentioned in a medrash, not a universally accepted halacha (2)even that opinion isn't referring to a situation of speaking LH on someone on a one time basis.

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Jun 14 2018, 10:04 pm
I've learned this in the Chofetz Chaim book and I find it very depressing. According to this idea, I may as well go out an eat a cheeseburger, because I've already lost all of my mitzvos, I have all the other person's aveiros, so why bother doing anymore Mitzvos?

amother
Bronze

Post Fri, Jun 15 2018, 12:27 pm
amother wrote:
I've learned this in the Chofetz Chaim book and I find it very depressing. According to this idea, I may as well go out an eat a cheeseburger, because I've already lost all of my mitzvos, I have all the other person's aveiros, so why bother doing anymore Mitzvos?

Well for one thing you'll still have your aveiros for eating a cheeseburger.

But anyway as Leah233 said it means a situation of constantly talking LH and badmouthing someone. Not a lapse here and there. But if you do find yourself constantly speaking LH about someone don't risk it...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics