Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
S/O If you and DH drive?

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Jun 21 2018, 9:15 pm
It seems 1 or 2 cars is the norm. What do you do when the car needs servicing?

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Jun 21 2018, 9:24 pm
That's what taxis, rental cars, and public transportation are for.

We have gone without any car for months at a time, in a suburban area where nothing is walking distance. We are now a one-vehicle family, albeit one that is not big enough for our whole family B"H.

It ain't fun or convenient, but it's not a tragedy.

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Jun 21 2018, 9:30 pm
amother wrote:

Uber

Rachel Shira

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 3:22 am
Make do with one car and/or use Uber.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 4:23 am
My mechanic is near my parents so I drive there, drop off the car, then borrow one of my parent's cars. I just need to get them to work and home and then have the car for the whole middle of the day.

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 6:13 am
If you have two then you deal with one car, if you have one car then car service/uber or borrow from friends or family. My dh has driven people to the mechanic to get their car...

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 6:48 am
amother wrote:

DH commutes and walks to his bus. I was a sahm. Usually I sat there until he fixed it. If he asked me to leave the car and I had no kids with me I walked home otherwise I called a cab.

Once I started working I jumped my broken used car and leased a car. I needed a reliable car and had no time to sit by the mechanic.

SuperWify

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 6:59 am
I don’t understand the question. When we had one car it was in the mechanic we were in absolute trouble.

Now bH we have two cars and if one needs the mechanic we share the second one.

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 7:25 am
SuperWify wrote:
I don’t understand the question. When we had one car it was in the mechanic we were in absolute trouble.

Now bH we have two cars and if one needs the mechanic we share the second one.

I didn't understand what people do with only 1 or 2 cars when the car breaks down or needs an inspection.

mha3484

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 7:31 am
We have one car. If it needs work my husband sits there and waits for it. We only had one or two times that it was an over night job and then the mechanic had someone drive DH home.

A few years ago our car died on taanis esther. We wanted something very specific with a specific budget in mind so we had a month with out a car. We either rented from enterprise or borrowed my fathers or took an uber. It was not the best situation but we got through it just fine.

pause

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 7:31 am
You just make it work, whether you have zero, one, two, or even three cars. Whatever a person has, when he has to make do with less, it is uncomfortable. You just do what you gotta do and keep in mind that some people live like this all the time. Be happy that most of the time you have what you have.

SuperWify

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 7:38 am
amother wrote:
I didn't understand what people do with only 1 or 2 cars when the car breaks down or needs an inspection.

Oh got you. With two cars that’s totally manageable but with one car... At wits end Angry we had to rent a car until our car was fixed.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics