Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
And yet more about-RESTAURANTS
1  2  Next

amother

Post Tue, Nov 13 2007, 2:33 pm
So thanks to beauty and the beast for being so informative with restaurants and good food. The thread got to be 9 pages long Wow!!
So I figured I'll start another one. I am finally getting to go out with my DH and am looking for a Fleishige place which is not too expensive, either in Flatbush or Queens and not Chinese.

Anyone has heard of Hapisgah?

So far I've learned about:
Prime Grill
Palace Grill
Abigayils (I'm assuming it's Fleishings)
Le Merais
Estihana
Solo

And a few other names (from that thread)but am not sure if they're Chinese or not.

So which one or what other would you recommend?

Lani22

Post Tue, Nov 13 2007, 2:55 pm
Prime Grill
Abigayils
Le Merais
Estihana
Solo

They are all in Manhattan. I have been to Hapisga is Queens. Its a good israeli grill type restaurant. Very delicious.

shoy18

Post Tue, Nov 13 2007, 3:01 pm
The new restaurant by le marais is officially open, its called clubhouse cafe. My sil is going tonight Ill report back what she says!

greenfire

Post Tue, Nov 13 2007, 4:21 pm
I think it should have been left in one thread - why dance around looking ... at both What

csb

Post Tue, Nov 13 2007, 4:42 pm
Estihana is japanese- so if you dont want chinese that would prob not be the one to pick. I personally love Palace Grill, and have heard the same from many other people. I am not a fan of Abigails and I heard that Les Merais is noisy so if you want a nice quiet night out maybe check before you coose that

cindy324

Post Tue, Nov 13 2007, 4:44 pm
Quote:
The new restaurant by le marais is officially open, its called clubhouse cafe. My sil is going tonight Ill report back what she says!

Really? I 'm dying to check it out. Looking forward to your report shoy Very Happy !

Blossom

Post Tue, Nov 13 2007, 5:13 pm
This is Hapisgah's website:
http://www.hapisgah.com/

Personally I love dairy and Chinese, so I'm not that helpful since that's what you're NOT looking for. Smile

Beauty and the Beast

Post Tue, Nov 13 2007, 5:19 pm
thanks amother, I cant believe the thread got to be so long, specially after the critique it got in the beginning....
My sister went to Hapisgah and loved it. she said they have delicious steaks and all...

I would recommend

Abigails
wolf and lamb
le marais

we keep going to those places, over and over, we enjoy it,

Hope u have fun wherever u go!

Blossom

Post Tue, Nov 13 2007, 5:22 pm
Note to myself: Next time you don't see Beauty and the Beast around for a while, start a thread about RESTARAUNTS. Very Happy

cassandra

Post Tue, Nov 13 2007, 6:00 pm
Prime grill, solo, La Marais, and Abigaels are in Manhattan, and the first two are very expensive.

Last edited by cassandra on Tue, Nov 13 2007, 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

mommy24

Post Tue, Nov 13 2007, 7:18 pm
we haven't been to hapsiga in a few years, but the food was really good. the atmosphere may not be what you are looking for, it is very loud and crowded. I htink ther is valley parking, or at least htere was on somenights that we had gone on. whereever you go enjoy the time alone with your husband!

greenfire

Post Tue, Nov 13 2007, 7:40 pm
Blossom wrote:
Note to myself: Next time you don't see Beauty and the Beast around for a while, start a thread about RESTARAUNTS. Very Happy

lol Nervous

amother

Post Tue, Nov 13 2007, 7:56 pm
Thanks everybody for your replies.
I was about to settle for Hapisgah but I see someone wrote that it's a noisy crowded place. So I think I'm back to square one, or should I take the risk. On the website it looks so nice.

Dini

Post Tue, Nov 13 2007, 7:59 pm
looks can definately b decieving, trust me

cassandra

Post Tue, Nov 13 2007, 8:03 pm
We went there once and it was very crowded, so they sat us at a small high table near the bar. It was dim and intimate enough, and the food really is excellent and inexpensive.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Nov 13 2007, 8:03 pm
I don't think Le Marias is so expensive.

cassandra

Post Tue, Nov 13 2007, 8:05 pm
Oops, I meant solo is expensive, not le marais.

technic

Post Wed, Nov 14 2007, 3:50 am
mommy24 wrote:
I htink ther is valley parking, or at least htere was on somenights that we had gone on!

I was trying 2 figure out the attractions of parking in a valley....did u mean valet??? Confused

greenfire

Post Wed, Nov 14 2007, 12:16 pm
technic wrote:
mommy24 wrote:
I htink ther is valley parking, or at least htere was on somenights that we had gone on!

I was trying 2 figure out the attractions of parking in a valley....did u mean valet??? Confused

are you a teacher ... or just an itch ?!?!?! Twisted Evil

cindy324

Post Wed, Nov 14 2007, 1:58 pm
Quote:
I don't think Le Marias is so expensive.

It's totally reasonable, especially when you look at the big picture. Every time we decide to try out a new place, more often than not, we say we should've gone to Le Marais. The food is consistently delicious, the quality is high end, and it's certainly comparable to Prime Grill and Solo, but at those places , the steaks go for $40 on average and sides are extra, whereas in Le Marais, the steaks are just as good, and salad and fries come with, and cost about $25 -$30 a plate. And I won't even start on the desserts...YUM!!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics