Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
S'more Pie
Previous  1  2  3

bashinda

Post Thu, Nov 22 2007, 7:51 pm
There's definitely space but I can see how Hannah could only get 7 oz of marshmallow in. I don't think mine will fit the full amount. Not that I'm complaining mind you. I always wanted more chocolate than marshmallow on my s'mores and so far everyone else in the family seems to be extremely chocolate oriented although it's too early to tell with the trips.

Squash

Post Thu, Nov 22 2007, 7:55 pm
okay I must be a little slow tonight. (which would make sense, considering I've had a looooong day and nother really nutritious to eat) I didn't realize you were talking about how much of the marshmallow would fit. I don't think the entire container will fit into mine either.

now a q: cm when u wrote marshmallow cream, did you mean the fluff or the cream? it sounds like a dumb q but the jewish brand is called cream and the kraft's (I think) is called fluff and they r different.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Nov 22 2007, 8:11 pm
IIRC, even the non Kosher kind was exactly like the Kosher, but of course it didn't hve a hechsher.

I buy whatever's in the store.

Mishie

Post Fri, Nov 23 2007, 1:44 am
Okay Guys, I'm making this pie for a dinner-party this Sunday night.
But - I'm making it Dairy with MILK CHOCOLATE!!!
Do you think it will come out good?

And, I had an idea (because I'm nervous about not being able to cover the pie without ruining the topping):
Can I put the filling into the crust, and then freeze it overnight, and then do the Marshmallow Fluff part right before I serve it?
(I need to take it in the car, about a 30 minute drive, and don't want it to get ruined).

What do you say??

Squash

Post Fri, Nov 23 2007, 10:51 am
I say I want some of THAT!! should be a piece of heaven, from what it sounds like.mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I think freezing it with the filling and then adding the fluff right before is a good idea. I actually froze the filling last night and did the fluff a few minutes ago.

and bashinda - I used the entire container of fluff. it did fit. what about yours?

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Nov 23 2007, 11:14 am
Mishie, do you really have a milchig broiler?

Sure you can freeze it.

bashinda

Post Fri, Nov 23 2007, 11:45 am
Squash: nope! Got about half the jar in. What's funny is the filling didn't seem that much but when I took it out this morning it looked like it filled the crust more. Now I have to figure out what to do with half a container of marshmallow fluff. Don't tell me to make those fluffernutter sandwiches. Although my 4 year old probably would enjoy them. Ichsa!

And boy does the marsmallow burn fast! I had to scrape once and try again and then put the fan on for the next 3 hours. And if you want to know even more cooking foibles: I learned this morning never to put potatos in a bowl filled with water where a 15 month old can tip it over and dump it all over the floor, himself and his mommy!

Squash

Post Fri, Nov 23 2007, 2:03 pm
bashinda sounds like you had a mighty eventful morning.
Very Happy

Mishie

Post Sat, Nov 24 2007, 1:34 pm
CM - Yes! I have a Milchig oven!!! Very Happy

I have the "filling" cooling down a bit, in a pot, waiting to be poured into the crust....

It looked kinda watery.... did that happen to anyone else?

Well, I'll let y'all know how it came out.... it's for tomorrow night....

shabri

Post Thu, Dec 27 2007, 6:34 am
I want to make this for shabbos. Sounds delish. 2 questions. After you do the fluff part to you refreeze or fridge or leave out. Also how is it served? frozen or room temp or somwhere in between. (I guess the 1st question really answers the 2nd.)

mommy24

Post Thu, Dec 27 2007, 7:43 am
I refreeze it after I broil the fluff. But, before I serve it I put it in the fridge or even leave it out, so that it slices evenly. I found if its left out too long the fluff part will start to spread. enjoy, its really good!

BrachaC

Post Thu, Dec 27 2007, 9:07 am
I made this one week and it was AWESOME! Thanks so much. I had read everyone's issues re: having room for the fluff so I bought the Keebler 10 slice grahm crust. For those who are not makpid on Pas Yisroel it is an easy solution.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Dec 27 2007, 10:47 am
there you go! let me know how you enjoyed it !

Mishie

Post Sat, Dec 29 2007, 2:18 pm
I forgot to update you guys about my Dairy version of the pie...

Well..... it didn't work.... Sad

5 minutes after taking it out of the freezer the whole thing turned into a "soup".....

I wonder if there's anything I could add to it to give it some "body".

Shimmysmom

Post Fri, Feb 08 2008, 1:58 pm
anyone have the answer to the last question?

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Feb 08 2008, 4:35 pm
I have no idea, I'm making this pie for at least 15 years, I can't believe it didn't come out !!!!

Bored

Post Thu, Jul 17 2008, 5:36 pm
I made this tonight for shabbos. When I put the choc into the pan, it was very liquidy, is that normal? I am nervous about it...

babygirl

Post Mon, Sep 15 2008, 11:22 am
do you put the fluff in "dollops" all over the pie or just scattered around? is it the more fluff the merrier?
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics