Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Aaahhhh freaking out

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Jul 31 2018, 6:27 pm
...just keep breathing...in...and out..and in... AAAAHHHHH!!!

ok ladies I needed/wanted to redo one of our rooms and have to do it on a tight budget. so I got paint and paint walls for the VERY FIRST TIME NOW.

I have no clue (and no utube) and start to freak out cos its TONS of work plus im not so sure about the colour and there are no returns on the paint so ill just have to go with it and WORK WITH WHAT I HAVE...

I never panic but now I definitely do.

I decluttered and reorgansied everything went to dollar stores and found nice deco stuff... I diy a lot and now those stupid wals drive me nuts. I already started and I just think the paint is too dark...what if everyones gonna hate it??? I have two nights to do the room (cos during the day the kids are awayke and there is just NOOO way ill paint the room with the baby and two toddlers around. so please wish me luck and tell me everything is gonna be amazing and ...
yeah...ill continue saying tehilim Smile

I know it all soudns so silly but I suddainly really panic. feel guilty for spending money on paint we might dislike? plus my work will be patchy and streaky etc...cos I dont do it professionally. I know there is worse. I guess I just fear to fale Sad

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Jul 31 2018, 6:33 pm
Re the paint color being too dark- AFAIK you can take paint back to the store and have the color adjusted to a lighter or darker shade.

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Jul 31 2018, 6:37 pm
thank you for the info...I might have to go back to the store (and I will have to shlep three kids on public transport plus carry the heavy buckets) but it might really be the right thing.

or I order a huge white wall sticker online , that might spark some light ... who knows..anyone have experience with using wall stickers or wall tatoos?

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Jul 31 2018, 6:46 pm
Also re dark paint: If the walls turn out too dark you can buy a quart or 2 of the same color in a tint 2 shades lighter and sponge it on. It's a very easy special effect, looks terrific, goes much much faster than the initial painting, and is not hard to do. I've sponged most of the walls in my home.

gila-rina

Post Tue, Jul 31 2018, 7:59 pm
Paint usually dries lighter.

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Jul 31 2018, 9:12 pm
Wait. You're painting while your kids are home and sleeping? I was always told never top sleep in s house with wet paint because the fumes are poison. Please make sure it's well ventilated at the very least

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Jul 31 2018, 9:41 pm
Ive painted, it was far from perfect but it was still a huge improvement! Watch some YouTube videos for good tips on cutting in near the edges, will help your technique a lot.
Good luck!!!

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Aug 02 2018, 4:07 pm
update: it turned out great. not rpofessional looking but very nice. everyone likes it b´´H

thank you for all your advice. I guess I learned a lesson: give it a try Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics