Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Gift for EI therapist

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 11:07 pm
My child has been receiving pt from E.I. for 2 1/2 years. We are aging out but I'd really like to get the therapist a gift. My finances are very tight but I'm willing to splurge a little. Any E.I. therapists can give me some guidance as to what kind of gifts you've gotten that are appreciated.

Thanks

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 11:12 pm
A gift card to buy therapy toys is always nice. $25 can get some good toys. Mostly I appreciate being appreciated, and a nice card makes me happier than any gifts.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 11:59 pm
I always appreciate a nice thank you card with some of specific things thanking for (not generic)
Love having a picture too!
As long as whatever you give is given with warmth I'm sure it'll be appreciated!!

potatoes

Post Wed, Aug 08 2018, 12:19 am
Nice genuine card along with an Amazon gift card, or target, or toys store

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Aug 08 2018, 9:16 am
I agree about the nice card.. I save all of them in a file and every so often I read them. Picture of child is also great idea! The feeling that you appreciated your therapist and the work they have done with your child means a lot... while a gift is also nice and definitely appreciated, the card, to me, is sometimes even nicer..

mommyhood

Post Wed, Aug 08 2018, 9:20 am
I always give a target gift card with a nice personalized note. If you really want to give a gift, give a gift receipt unless you know exactly what the therapist wants.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Aug 08 2018, 9:23 am
My favorite gifts are the cards- I remember a case where the mother bought a fancy gift, no note and left it with the cleaning lady to give me. It is so much more meaningful when the gift is given from the heart. I have had some cases where just a thank you card and picture was given, and appreciate that more than a fancy gift!
(I must like words of affirmation more than gifts Smile )
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics