Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
S/O How do you clean a .....

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 3:57 pm
I loved the "where do you keep" thread so now the question is how do you clean...

The brown spots underneath stainless steal pots

The mildew that forms on the tile grout in the shower or bathtub area

The screens from windows . My screens are on the outside and get really dirty and dusty after a while.

Hardwater stains off of faucets and spouts

The grates on the stove tops

ra_mom

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 4:48 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I loved the "where do you keep" thread so now the question is how do you clean...

The brown spots underneath stainless steal pots

The mildew that forms on the tile grout in the shower or bathtub area

The screens from windows . My screens are on the outside and get really dirty and dusty after a while.

Hardwater stains off of faucets and spouts

The grates on the stove tops

Brown spots under pots and hard water stains of faucets and spouts - Bar Keepers Friend
Soft Cleanser - instructions on bottle. May take a few tries but really works.

Mildew on tile grout: use rag clothes and wear mask - bleach in spray bottle, let sit, scrub off

Grates - place in Ziploc with 1/4 cup amonia (outside). Zip closed and let sit overnight (ammonia liquid doesn't have to actually touch grates). The trapped fumes will loosen grime. Scrub and wash as usual, grime pieces will fall off.

Teomima

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 5:00 pm
Window screens: remove, power-hose off, and replace.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 5:03 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Brown spots under pots and hard water stains of faucets and spouts - Bar Keepers Friend
Soft Cleanser - instructions on bottle. May take a few tries but really works.

Mildew on tile grout: use rag clothes and wear mask - bleach in spray bottle, let sit, scrub off

Grates - place in Ziploc with 1/4 cup amonia (outside). Zip closed and let sit overnight (ammonia liquid doesn't have to actually touch grates). The trapped fumes will loosen grime. Scrub and wash as usual, grime pieces will fall off.

Thanks! Trick question ; my stove grates are the long type not squared but an elongated shape that covers two burners. It won't fit in a ziplock bag what else can I put them into?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 5:04 pm
If you want to clean the screens in place, dust first with dry rag then use soft vacuum attachment to vacuum the rest.

Last edited by ra_mom on Thu, Aug 23 2018, 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

bsy

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 5:05 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Thanks! Trick question ; my stove grates are the long type not squared but an elongated shape that covers two burners. It won't fit in a ziplock bag what else can I put them into?

You can soak in the bathtub. We do that for bbq grates.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 5:26 pm
thunderstorm wrote:

You can buy extra large or jumbo ziplocs on Amazon (check which size will fit). Or tie it tightly into a thick garbage bag (don't leave extra room - it should be snug).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics