Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
I’m the housekeepe

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 5:49 pm
I have a cleaning lady 1x a week. The rest of the time I’m the one doing the cleaning. I’m sahm so that is literally what I do. I’m a pretty neat person so they certainly haven’t learned it from me, but my kids f slobs. They whine after every meal when I tell them to clear thier place. They grunt when I remind them to hang thier towels. My 4 yr old actually goes out of his way to hide his laundry rather than drop it in the hamper. My 5 yr old stuffs her laundry into her closet instead of dropping it into the hamper that is in her closet. I keep rules simple and practical. I make things easy and accessible. But by days end I have swept wiped down the table gathered up piles of clothes and toys and... and my house is still a mess. I can’t keep up and they have no desire to cooperate.
Oh and my husband is kind of a slob. He does make an effort but his laundry is on the floor. His stuff is all over. And he will literally sleep over a toy or trash without picking it up. His mom might be Oscar the grouch. So that’s not gonna change.
Heeeeelp!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics