Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Do people still sell on eBay?

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Sep 02 2018, 7:28 pm
I know eBay is still up and running.,, for years I wanted to sell on eBay but was too busy. I think I have time now but I’m wondering if it is even worth it. Personally, these days I am finding cheap things on amazon/ new things so I rarely even go to eBay if I want to buy.
I have some brand new items... is it worth it to be busy trying to sell? I assume I would have to set up a PayPal account- I’m I right? Anyone know???

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Sep 02 2018, 7:34 pm
I've been selling on eBay for 3 years, it's definitely worth a shot. I sell mostly used clothing handbags, shoes. Some months I make several thousand dollars, other months a little less.

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Sep 02 2018, 7:36 pm
Yes, you would need a PayPal account.

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Sep 02 2018, 9:51 pm
amother wrote:
I've been selling on eBay for 3 years, it's definitely worth a shot. I sell mostly used clothing handbags, shoes. Some months I make several thousand dollars, other months a little less.

Thank you for responding!
How do you incorporate shipping fees?
Curious where you get your merchandise but you don’t have to answer that if it reveals too much.
Do you also sell on amazon?
You gave me a push and now I am excited to try!

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Sep 02 2018, 10:15 pm
I buy mostly from thrift stores, I don't sell on Amazon because I can't sell used clothing on Amazon.

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Sep 02 2018, 10:17 pm
Shipping takes a little while to figure out...it's a learning process. I sometimes do free shipping, depending on the weight.....it all depends.

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Sep 02 2018, 11:45 pm
Thank you -

Are you posting pictures using your phone or desktop?

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Sep 03 2018, 9:01 am
Amother crimson do you mind me asking whether you sell the stuff by bids or a set price?

I'm doing this in the uk so I doubt it would affect your business!

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Sep 03 2018, 12:03 pm
I generally use my phone, I usually do set price, sometimes obo ( or best offer)

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Sep 03 2018, 12:35 pm
My question is always the pictures.
How do you take pictures, measurements and descriptions of so many items.

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Sep 03 2018, 1:14 pm
It's a job..... Its definitely not easy money...and not for everyone....

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Sep 03 2018, 1:54 pm
Op here-
I just listed my first item today.

The first item of course took time / setting up account, PayPal... just figuring out how it works.
eBay gave me an image that I posted. I was trying to add other images., but I couldn’t so I just used that one image.

Second product is up but I couldn’t get an image! I’m not sure which program to use in order to save an image and upload. I was using a desktop so soon I will use my iPhone and download the eBay app. Hopefully I’ll have an easier time uploading images with the iPhone!

My dh was pretty enthusiastic this morning when I told him that I wanted to sell on eBay. I hope it works out!

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 12:53 pm
Amother crimson.,, hope you will see this soon

One of my newly listed items sold. First item actually... and I have a few questions-
eBay sent me an email saying- your item sold but don’t do anything yet- ... waiting for payment.. we’ll notify you when customer paid...
I didn’t receive another email- now I’m looking and I think I was supposed to send an invoice which I didn’t realize.,.
So, I can send the invoice, get paid, ship the item....
but the customer didn’t contact me asking about the shipping.., when I clicked on the customers profile it says he just signed up the day the purchase was made...
I really wanted to raise the price of the opening bid..I just couldn’t do it from my phone and was waiting for a chance to get to my computer. But then the item sold ( without payment) ...,

My question is- should I send the invoice?
Is there a way I can cancel this bid and relist the item?
Thanks!

doctorima

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 3:27 pm
I'm not amother crimson, but if you listed it and somebody clicked to purchase it at the price you specified, I don't think you're allowed to just cancel the sale and relist the item without extenuating circumstances. It's certainly not the right way to do business and start yourself out as an Ebay seller, and if a merchant did that to me, I would certainly report it to Ebay and go after him/her. I would honor the sale and chalk it up to a learning experience.

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 10:45 pm
So, the good news is... the buyer sent me an email asking to cancel his order because he didn’t realize there were shipping fees. I canceled and relisted the item for $25 more and surprisingly it sold to someone else!
Since I’m new at this now I have to figure out how to package the item and ship.
Where do you get the right size boxes from?
This must ship by tomorrow since the order came in on shabbos. I will print the eBay shipping label once I obtain packaging equipment.
Now that I made a sale, I’m motivated to quickly put up more items!

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 11:14 pm
U go to the post office. If it fits in a flat rate box that’s the easiest

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 11:21 pm
amother wrote:
U go to the post office. If it fits in a flat rate box that’s the easiest

Yes, I will go to the post office but this is a large heavy item. I guess I’ll see if they have a box that size and I will have to prepare for the future and have some supplies at home.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics