Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Best DOUGHNUTS in Brooklyn
Previous  1  2

Hannah!

Post Wed, Nov 21 2007, 9:45 pm
edit

Last edited by Hannah! on Tue, May 06 2008, 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Beauty and the Beast

Post Wed, Nov 21 2007, 9:45 pm
anyone know if the dunkin donuts on coney and 18th ave, or ave j, is cholov yisrael? (I mean the donuts.)

greenfire

Post Thu, Nov 22 2007, 2:27 am
mm ... don't think so ... but call to check ... nothing a dozen donuts from dunkin' donuts couldn't cure ... Drunken Smile

Hannah!

Post Thu, Nov 22 2007, 1:07 pm
edit

Last edited by Hannah! on Tue, May 06 2008, 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total

cindy324

Post Fri, Nov 23 2007, 11:39 am
Quote:
Im guessing she meant yossis bakery. In that case, there is one on 18th ave and 56th street, one on 14th ave and 45th street, and one on new utrecht ave and 53rd street.

Yep, but you forgot their location on 13th and 39th st., Eagle's bakery, same owner, same stuff, same yummy doughnuts. I actually saw doughnuts already a couple of times this week there, I just wasn't brave enough to have one, saving the calories for chanukah!

MahPitom

Post Fri, Nov 23 2007, 1:13 pm
You don’t have to wait till Chanukah. You can make the dough, cut the circles out with the top of a glass and let it rise until they are as thick as a 2 fingers. Freeze on a cookie sheet, when frozen, you can throw them into a bag or container. Then, every night, you can fry a few straight from the freezer. YUM! (if you’re the type to try, do the same with raw latkes!)

Oh, and I pick Weiss baker's heimish verisno, only on Chanuka.

yersp

Post Fri, Nov 23 2007, 1:17 pm
Nobody beats Podrigals!! (not the bakery, although they have great cakes!) the doughnut store is located on Fort Hamilton btwn 52nd and 51st streets. It's like the second store from 52nd street, the only thing is there's no sign there and it looks like a regular entrance. When you walk in there the smell just overwhelms you and you don't know what to take!!!
I highly recommend them!!!
Hearty Appetite!

Squash

Post Fri, Nov 23 2007, 1:58 pm
MahPitom wrote:
You don’t have to wait till Chanukah. You can make the dough, cut the circles out with the top of a glass and let it rise until they are as thick as a 2 fingers. Freeze on a cookie sheet, when frozen, you can throw them into a bag or container. Then, every night, you can fry a few straight from the freezer. YUM! (if you’re the type to try, do the same with raw latkes!)

this is a marvelous idea. I think I'll try. thanks.

Blossom

Post Fri, Nov 23 2007, 2:56 pm
OH my, you people listed a dozen places. How are we supposed to decide, or should we try all of them Smile

Mitzvahmom

Post Fri, Nov 23 2007, 3:13 pm
so not fair, I am not going into brooklyn before chanukah Sad

will have to make my own..eeeek

Love My Babes

Post Tue, Nov 27 2007, 1:37 pm
Mitzvahmom wrote:
so not fair, I am not going into brooklyn before chanukah Sad

will have to make my own..eeeek
Hey, y dont u call yossis, they have a website, yossissweethouse.com, they do ship all over, altho I just checked it out and they are only shipping local for donuts. maybe u can call them and theyll ship it to u!

greeneyes

Post Tue, Nov 27 2007, 5:17 pm
MahPitom wrote:
You don�t have to wait till Chanukah. You can make the dough, cut the circles out with the top of a glass and let it rise until they are as thick as a 2 fingers. Freeze on a cookie sheet, when frozen, you can throw them into a bag or container. Then, every night, you can fry a few straight from the freezer. YUM! (if you�re the type to try, do the same with raw latkes!)

MahPitom, would you mind sharing your recipe? If it's not too much trouble, that is. Thank you. Smile
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics