Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Online Masters Programs?

amother

Post Mon, Nov 26 2007, 2:50 am
Can anyone recommend online masters programs? I'm interested in hearing about programs in all areas. TIA.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Nov 26 2007, 7:16 am
maybe you can contact a university and ask if they would accept that you take the lessons and copy them from another student, and do the work by the net.

amother

Post Mon, Nov 26 2007, 7:27 am
My husband checked out M.S. programs in computer science very thoroughly and chose to do his through Colorado State University, a traditional brick and mortar university which offers a couple of masters degrees online (computer science and statistics, I think). The up side is that the program is fairly rigorous - the same standards are expected of the online students as of the classroom students, and indeed the degree granted is exactly the same, with no notation as to whether completed on line or in person.

He found in his program that there were many Indian/Pakistani/other Asian students, U.S. military stationed all around the world, and a few working guys like him who were already working as developers and needed the flexible hours of an online program.

Not really sure about the cost, as DH's company paid for it.

My DH definitely is happy he did it. He has since moved companies and the MS was a big plus to his new employer.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics