Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Please help me calm down
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 9:31 am
ahuva06 wrote:
Oh, hey God!! Wave

Hi!!! Thanks for the shoutout!! Always good to be recognized....

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 9:33 am
amother wrote:
Im sorry but this makes me so upset OP. I understand youre scared. But your little ones need to be vaccinated! Why would you think they would be ok if ch"v they got the measles? You have the ability to protect them. Take all of your children and vaccinate them all. Protect them all. (I heard from someone that one of the children in monsey with measles is now in the ICU. This is scary)
im not afraid of the measels. and honestly my kids might already have been exposed w/o me knowing. so they might get the measles anyway.

watergirl

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 9:36 am
amother wrote:
my op is a serious post. im a wellknown poster here. trying to change my posting style...
thanks for e/o who responded. my ped isnt doing it anymore cuz no time, they need appts for sick visits. im gonna go to central place wehre theyre giving it for free for e/o.

This post is very strange. Your kids dr wont give them the vaccine? In the midst of a measles break out? Then you need a new Dr.

You said that your kids are older already - how did you get them into school (assuming you are in the States, I know I shouldn't assume) without vaccines? Did you claim a religious exemption? Seeing as you've said that they aren't vaxxed because you are scared, that would mean that you lied to get the exemption. Is that what people are doing?

Yes, I am being harsh. No, I am not sorry. This is very serious.

I'm happy to see that you are thinking about correcting this and getting them their vaccines now. Better late than never.

May HKBU protect all of His children.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 9:36 am
OP, why do you think the older ones will handle it better?? Everyone will handle it great! And if they'll cry for a bit & be cranky, it's not the end of the world.
I can't believe that you want us to reassure you that your unvaccinated kids will be ok & not catch the measles, that's pretty foolish. At the rate its spreading, they most likely will catch it.

watergirl

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 9:39 am
amother wrote:
im not afraid of the measels. and honestly my kids might already have been exposed w/o me knowing. so they might get the measles anyway.

Forget yourself coming down with the measles. Forget your kids getting them. Think about the people who would catch it from your or your kids. Pregnant women miscarry. Boys can become sterile. What you chose to do or not do has a very serious impact on other people. Cancer patients... do we need to rehash all of the other vax threads now?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 9:40 am
Times of Israel is reporting an 18 month old girl in Jerusalem died of the measels today. ANyone know if this is true?!?

southernbubby

Your county health department should be very helpful.

amother
Mistyrose

Just make sure your child isn’t sick before doing the shot and all will be fine IYH.

watergirl

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 9:43 am
amother wrote:
Times of Israel is reporting an 18 month old girl in Jerusalem died of the measels today. ANyone know if this is true?!?

Yes, its true. https://www.jpost.com/Israel-N.....70877

amother wrote:
OP, why do you think the older ones will handle it better?? Everyone will handle it great! And if they'll cry for a bit & be cranky, it's not the end of the world.
I can't believe that you want us to reassure you that your unvaccinated kids will be ok & not catch the measles, that's pretty foolish. At the rate its spreading, they most likely will catch it.

Amother Amethyst, tell the mother of the baby who just died that its not the end of the world. In fact, I think Chazal would disagree with you as well. Killing a person is like killing an entire world...

Eta - I see I’ve misunderstood amother Amythest in my firey zeal for vaccines. I’m sorry Amythest.

Last edited by watergirl on Thu, Nov 01 2018, 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total

grace413

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 9:45 am
amother wrote:

I also saw this
Confirmed by shaarei zedek spokesman iirc

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 9:46 am
watergirl wrote:
Amother Amethyst, tell the mother of the baby who just died that its not the end of the world. In fact, I think Chazal would disagree with you as well. Killing a person is like killing an entire world...

I think you misunderstood another amythest. She was saying the mmr vaccine is not the end of the world.

watergirl

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 9:47 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
I think you misunderstood another amythest. She was saying the mmr vaccine is not the end of the world.

Omg thank you. I’m all riled up.

Amythest, I’m sorry.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 9:51 am
amother wrote:

That's like saying people die from cancer. More often than not they die from the cancer treatment, not from the cancer. Speak with any oncology nurse and they'll confirm this.
So was this 18 month old having other issues, or did the toddler receive medical intervention that then led to the death?

little neshamala

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 9:52 am
amother wrote:

BDE. Its true. On arutz sheva as well

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 9:53 am
Both ways carry risk. You understand that. Daven. Then put your worry in G-ds hands.

etky

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 9:56 am
amother wrote:
That's like saying people die from cancer. More often than not they die from the cancer treatment, not from the cancer. Speak with any oncology nurse and they'll confirm this.
So was this 18 month old having other issues, or did the toddler receive medical intervention that then led to the death?

She basically was dead by the time she got to the hospital.
She caught it from her unvaccinated parents.
Needless to say, their kids aren't vaccinated either.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 9:59 am
amother wrote:

No. The article said she stopped breathing at home and was unable to be resusitated in he hospital. They say "she died from measles". Zehu.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 9:59 am
etky wrote:
She basically was dead by the time she got to the hospital.
She caught it from her unvaccinated parents.
Needless to say, their kids aren't vaccinated either.

Do you know the fam??

etky

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 10:00 am
amother wrote:
Do you know the fam??

No. That's what they're reporting on the news sites.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 10:03 am
[quote="etky"]No. That's what they're reporting on the news sites.[/quote
Devastating.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics