Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
IM HORRIBLE

IBR

Post Sun, Aug 14 2005, 7:14 pm
ok I was feeding my child at 3 in the afternoon pritty hot soup so I was blowing on it and I ended up tasting a little bit, than eating a spoon ok I basicaly broke the fast embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed Crying Crying Crying but wahts even worse is that I ate than again like the yezer hora got the best of me I m a b\t and I don't want to start falling down again. any chizuk or did it ever happen to anyone?

technic

Post Sun, Aug 14 2005, 7:23 pm
that always scared me abt feeding kids on fastdays - but somehow I seem 2 "disconnect" from the food when I know I halachically cant have it - and trust me im NOT a disconnector from food Wink ...I cant advise u halachically but it wasn't yom kippur, ull prob never do it again, and whats done is done - does that help? NONE of us r perfect, hopefully we atone and improve ourselves for next time iyh Very Happy

technic

Post Sun, Aug 14 2005, 7:27 pm
and just 4 the record I have the highest respect 4 bts cos its a far harder struggle than 4 ffbs (in my opinion anyway) so uve ALREADY come a long long way kyh - give urself credit!!! DONT make the diet mistake of "ive had one biccie so I might as well finish the packet" - stop the rot in its tracks NOW!

Tefila

Post Sun, Aug 14 2005, 7:45 pm
On fast days I don't feed them..... well not literally so don't get the wrong idea here LOL
But I just make sandwiches the night b/4 ones they like, stock up on snacks my 3 yr old been eating ceral and egg salad from shabbos aswell. and the babys get served finger foods so they end up feeding themselves. Like fish, chicken, french toast and they also love oranges squishing it too Rolling Eyes . So I don't actually feed them. I dump it on their hi chair and most ends up inside of them but some is left on the floor down their bibs etc Tongue Out
Wew went out this morn and now is my time comp time thereby I don't feel hungry yet. Still 4 hrs to go and I'll only need to warm up stuff I prepared fri for the fast. The choclate rice krispy shell is what gets me hungry thinking about it. I find what also helps is say to yourself only 1 hr 2 3 to go.
Oh and you r not horrible but have a yetzer hora like all of us, listen atleast don't eat anymore so u can say to yourself atleast you slipped but r not going to relish now on that slippage Hatzlacha

IBR

Post Sun, Aug 14 2005, 7:51 pm
THANKS A MILLION you all I appriciate it. yes thats it no more going to read the bais moshiach for the rest of the fast on the couch in the living room until the minure fast is over and than I will put the food to warm up cause than I can eat it.

technic

Post Sun, Aug 14 2005, 8:00 pm
SEE? u won!!! Very Happy

Rochel Leah

Post Sun, Aug 14 2005, 8:14 pm
IBR , I know for myself I have many times "forgotton" about the fast..and tasted to see if food was ready, or lick my fingers. I get upset,but then is say : hey "at lest I caught myself just tasting.. Wink "..I just spit whatever is in my mouth out and carry on..

don't kick yourself for it, it happens to alot of people, whether ffb or bt.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note