Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Teacher gifts

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 2:37 am
Any ideas for affordable teacher gifts?

serenity8843

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 2:41 am
Chocolate. A dip container holder.
https://www.thecloseoutconnect.....r.htm

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 7:20 am
I've been a teacher for 22 years. The best gift is the note -- if you (or your child) writes a sincere thank you note, this is all I need. It makes me so happy, and all the hard work is worth it to me. If you want to give something small to go with the note, that's fine, but I always feel badly if a family with limited means spends a significant amount.
A nice pastry, wrapped prettily. A cute keychain. Don't spend too much.

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 7:31 am
amother wrote:
I've been a teacher for 22 years. The best gift is the note -- if you (or your child) writes a sincere thank you note, this is all I need. It makes me so happy, and all the hard work is worth it to me. If you want to give something small to go with the note, that's fine, but I always feel badly if a family with limited means spends a significant amount.
A nice pastry, wrapped prettily. A cute keychain. Don't spend too much.

Ditto!

flowerpower

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 7:39 am
A diffuser is a nice gift

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 8:41 am
As a teacher I had gotten all kind of gifts:
Jewelry. Watches. Silver miniatures. Place mats. Toys for my kids. Flute glasses. Cake trays. Serving dishes. Candy/dip holders. Photo boxes.

The fancy serving stuff I enjoyed. Jewelery only if it was to my taste. Kitchen chochkes & tablecloths have to match kitchen color. What I didn't enjoy was all stuff that said #1 teacher like magnets, mugs, photo clips, plaques....what should I do with all those....adorn my house with #1 teacher themed stuff?

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 8:45 am
Jewelery roll or wristlets are popular gifts that's you can find for cheap. I wouldn't enjoy diffusers as I'm allergic to fragrances

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 8:49 am
I got for some hi-school volunteers fingertip towels with their name embroidered matching to their bedrooms. Paid $20.

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 8:57 am
As a teacher, I would say, that I dont love the tchatkes that people give. I like to live simply and have a small home , and have no room for ornaments etc. I also dont love food gifts because I am on a diet!
However, if you really want to know what alll teachers I know are excited to recieve: giftcards! or believe it or not, cash. Because we are in a poorly paid field and its hard to make ends meet, so cash or giftcards help us financially.!

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 1:10 pm
Ye of course, I took all money combined & bought myself one nicer bigger thing that I wouldn't treat myself.....one year a camera. One year real earrings. One year an entrance mirror.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics