Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Any web developers out here?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 10:49 pm
Please help, I'm looking for info.

I'm thinking about taking courses online for a degree (not sure if it's associate) in web development. I can only take courses online since I work part time and I am a busy mom. I remember even before having kids, I was interested in the field, but unfortunately, didn't go for it. I think I know the basics with computers and I learn quickly.

For those of you who studied Web Development online, could you recommend a good school? How long did it take you to complete it?

After you got your degree (or just completed the courses), how long did it take you to find a job? My biggest concern is finding the first job without much experience in it.

How's the job search? is there still a big demand for web developers?

How's your salary and hours? Can you work from home?

Thank you!

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 2:28 pm
Anyone?
I have a BA already but it’s a useless career unfortunately. I can’t afford paying for 4 years again, so I’m trying to go back to school (only online courses I can do) and study something that could increase my income.

mig100

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 3:15 pm
There are lots of free courses on coursera.com and other similar sites that may b a good start for u

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 6:36 pm
mig100 wrote:
There are lots of free courses on coursera.com and other similar sites that may b a good start for u

That’s true. But I’m a beginner and want to make sure I have all the right courses required for becoming a web developer.

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 6:40 pm
https://www.gracehopper.com/

This program is excellent and they have a very thorough free pre-boot camp
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics