Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Crockpot Dinner Ideas
Previous  1  2  3

ValleyMom

Post Wed, Nov 05 2008, 9:54 am
I am trying the can of pineapple over the chicken along with some rice. I will let you know how it comes out--and IF my picky kids eat!!!

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Nov 05 2008, 10:01 am
good luck! I suggest you cut out some of the water and some liquid from the can. sounds fun!

NativeMom

Post Wed, Nov 05 2008, 10:16 am
You can also try making stuffed cabbage in the crockpot, it comes out great

pecan

Post Wed, Nov 05 2008, 10:35 am
I slice potatoes, sweet potatoes, and onion and put it with chicken into the crockpot. Then I fill partway with water and add a generous amount of sweet n' sour duck sauce. Delicious and easy!

ABC

Post Thu, Nov 05 2009, 3:55 pm
pecan wrote:
I slice potatoes, sweet potatoes, and onion and put it with chicken into the crockpot. Then I fill partway with water and add a generous amount of sweet n' sour duck sauce. Delicious and easy!

would this work for shabbat lunch or is that cooking it for too long?

AlwaysGrateful

Post Thu, Nov 05 2009, 4:10 pm
ValleyMom wrote:
I am trying the can of pineapple over the chicken along with some rice. I will let you know how it comes out--and IF my picky kids eat!!!

ValleyMom - Please do let us know! I was thinking about doing that...sounds easy and delicious.

Anyone know how to do chicken and BROWN rice in the crockpot? How much more liquid should I add? If I'm doing the pineapple chicken, should the juice be enough?

TzipG

Post Thu, Nov 05 2009, 4:13 pm
ABC wrote:
pecan wrote:

would this work for shabbat lunch or is that cooking it for too long?

I've tried it a few times and the chicken always tastes too dried out even if I use a lot of water.

TzipG

Post Thu, Nov 05 2009, 4:14 pm
I was obsessed last year with a great crockpot blog http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/. She had some great recipes and tips for crockpot cooking and I loved seeing the feedback from the author and the commenters before deciding to try a recipe.

NTR150153

Post Sun, Apr 18 2010, 10:57 pm
can someone give me instructions on how to make meatballs with tomato sauce in the crockpot. Do I first boil the tomato sauce? on what setting do I leave it?

imaamy

Post Sun, Apr 18 2010, 11:46 pm
TzipG- too funny, I looked at that blogspot and the first recipe up is bacon wrapped scallops! I kept going and there are some really good ones on there. I will be trying one tomorrow. thanks!

malkabasmelochim

Post Sun, Nov 13 2011, 9:43 pm
they all sound great! thanks

RuchieBP

Post Sun, Aug 12 2012, 9:43 pm
What about 'goulash'? I do this on my slow cooker.
night before sautee 1 large onion until brown in the slow cooker on the gas range. When onions are golden brown add the meat (boneless flanken, middle chuck, etc) turning it over till all sides are brown. let cool off a bit, cover and stick in fridge. peel and cube or quarter potatoes, put in a large bowl, cover with water and cover the bowl. in the morning: put the slow cooker on the base on a medium to high number (4) drain the potatoes and add to meat/onions. add salt and pepper and cover with water plus a little.
Come home from work and enjoy the aroma and the yummy easy supper.

Tapuzi

Post Tue, Aug 14 2012, 11:55 am
Crockpot Coq Au Vin"
- 8 chicken thigh pieces -I use the boneless skinless thighs (pargiot) for this, one package. If you do use bone-in definitely take off the skin or else its too greasy
-1/2 tsp dried thyme
-large chopped onion
-1/4 cup tomato paste
-2 cups red wine- if I only have one cup I have used 1 cup water, too
-2 tsps chicken soup mix
- 1 clove garlic, crushed (I generally use a frozen cube)
-1/2 lb sliced mushrooms (I leave out cuz DH doesnt love mushrooms but is prob better with them)

I spray crockpot well, add in all the ingredients and stir well and then add the chicken. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Just before you are ready to serve turn crockpot to high, dissolve 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch in 2 tbsp cold water, add to pot, stir, let bubble and thicken for a few minutes. I generally serve over egg noodles.

Sometimes I add a carrot
Sometimes at the end I put in some frozen peas for a few minutes.

shoeboxgirly

Post Tue, Aug 14 2012, 12:15 pm
NTR150153 wrote:
can someone give me instructions on how to make meatballs with tomato sauce in the crockpot. Do I first boil the tomato sauce? on what setting do I leave it?

My recipe:

Line the crockpot...helps dh do the washing up.

Dice one onion and put half in the crock pot, half in a mixing bowl.
Dice one courgette and put in the crock pot
Add seasoning (salt, pepper, herbs, whatever you like)
Add one tin of tomatoes to the crock pot and then mix the veg mixture. (I use peeled plum tomatoes because I like the taste better than chopped, but don't use paste or sauce. You could use passata.)

Make meatballs with meat, onions, tomato puree and matzo meal, cover in a layer of matzo meal then put them in the crock pot, in one layer if possible, or if not, put the second layer in the cracks of the first.

Pour over a second tin of tomatoes and cook on the lowest setting for as long as you like (it will be ready in 6 hours at lowest, but depending on how/if you use the crock pot over shabbos, leaving it significantly longer works just fine).

You can replace the first tin of tomatoes with fresh baby tomatoes if you like, but may need to add a little tomato juice (or puree and water). If I'm cooking for lots of people, the only element I double needs to be the meat, the rest can stay the same.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics