Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Reduced price school lunch - Lakewood

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 2:40 pm
How much should I expect to pay per child (per year) if I would get reduced price lunch in Lakewood?

sky

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 3:16 pm
From what I understand there is either free lunch or not free lunch.
Some schools everyone gets free and some schools only some students get free based on income and parents pay whatever school charges (I think I pay $5 for 2 sons and girls are free).

I think breakfast/snacks may be free in all schools if they serve but I’m not sure

(Edited amount I pay)

Last edited by sky on Wed, Dec 26 2018, 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Notsobusy

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 4:25 pm
In my schools, boys and girls, there is the reduced price option. If you're low income but not low income enough, they have a reduced price. One of my schools also has an option for kids who bring home lunch to only pay for pizza on rosh chodesh.

I think it works differently in every school, so you have to find out from the school directly.

Cmon be nice

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 5:54 pm
I pay $40 per kid, per month.

groisamomma

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 6:13 pm
The program isn't modified by school, it's the Free or Reduced Lunch program. Schools are the ones that make you pay the difference but there's no such thing as removing the Reduced Lunch option.

Our kids aren't eligible for the program but they don't charge for lunch. I guess it's already factored into tuition? Either way, my kids get the same breakfast, snack, and lunch as everyone else.

amotherof3

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 7:03 pm
I pay $50 for each of my boys per month and $45 for each of my girls per mont.

sky

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 10:50 pm
groisamomma wrote:
The program isn't modified by school, it's the Free or Reduced Lunch program. Schools are the ones that make you pay the difference but there's no such thing as removing the Reduced Lunch option.

Our kids aren't eligible for the program but they don't charge for lunch. I guess it's already factored into tuition? Either way, my kids get the same breakfast, snack, and lunch as everyone else.

Some schools are fully eligible regardless of income. I always thought it had to do with school overall income of parents. But I could be wrong.

My boys go to a school with a wealthier parent body and we are billed separately for it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics