Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Shaital swap shaitals in excellent condition

Is a shaytal-swap party a good idea or a dubious idea?
Good idea if shaytals are of comparable value and color  
 25%  [ 7 ]
Bad idea because it's undignified to be thirfty/appear financially strugglling/it is unsanitary and icky  
 33%  [ 9 ]
good idea if limited to 10 women in a group, and done privately...nobody knows whose shaital is whose, it's done thru a third party  
 40%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 27

Earnest

Post Sun, Dec 09 2007, 11:45 pm
In the secular world some women came up with the idea of a clothing swap. Women have nice outfits that they are bored with or just never wear very much. So, once a season, they get together with their unappreaciated/underutilized clothes,and they take turns picking out other acquaintances outfits. At the end of the evening, they've enjoyed a social evening, and they've changed some items of their wardrobe.
Dear Imamoms, do you think that concept could be adapted to make a shaital-swap party? Do you have perfectly good shaitals that you decided you're bored with, or never really liked the way it was cut, or it's texture (straight, wavy,curly) doesn't really suit you after all? So, I want to take a poll. Do you think a shaital-swap party could be a good idea?

eek225

Post Mon, Dec 10 2007, 9:14 am
first of all, in college, me and my friends had "clothing swaps" ALL The time! It was a group of us who all had somewhat similar styles (one was a bit more modern, one dressed kindof funky, but still), and it was AWESOME!

But ya, I would be totally for the shaitel swapping thing. I HATE HATE HATE my fall, nevertheless, I get compliments on it all the time (I dont understand why!!!), It looks japanesed stick straight, and I wanted something w/ more body. I would trade for s/t in a similar color any day! you just tell me when and where and id b there Smile I love ur idea!!

gigi

Post Mon, Dec 10 2007, 11:43 am
I love the idea!

but you would have to beware of indian givers!

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Dec 10 2007, 12:41 pm
Good idea in theory. Might cause hurt feelings.

malky800

Post Mon, Dec 10 2007, 9:29 pm
When you swap clothes you swap something for 50$ for something around the same range. when you swap shaitels, you are swapping probably something close to 1000$ that's a much bigger risk.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics