Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Has pregnancy/childbirth affected your brain?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Do you think pregnancy/childbirth affected your brain?
Yes, I'm not as smart as I used to be.  
 64%  [ 48 ]
No, I'm the same as I always was.  
 18%  [ 14 ]
I'm smarter than ever! :)  
 16%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 74

Mommy912

Post Mon, Aug 22 2005, 11:50 pm
It is undoubtedly apparent from your deliberations and discourses in this segment and throughout this congenial site that you are overflowing with masterful dialogue which those who surround you fall short of appreciating. It is hereby noted that from this point forward you are granted the privilege to articulate whatever you desire to the individuals that you deign worthy at any moment that you find opportune. Happy Speaking.

de_goldy

Post Tue, Aug 23 2005, 4:12 am
Uh... was that supposed to be articulate?

I think verbose may be a better description.

Pearl

Post Tue, Aug 23 2005, 4:13 am
freilich, I love your photo there!

and re the poll: major loss of memory and concentration......

Aish

Post Tue, Aug 23 2005, 7:03 am
Mommy912 wrote:
It is undoubtedly apparent from your deliberations and discourses in this segment and throughout this congenial site that you are overflowing with masterful dialogue which those who surround you fall short of appreciating. It is hereby noted that from this point forward you are granted the privilege to articulate whatever you desire to the individuals that you deign worthy at any moment that you find opportune. Happy Speaking.

I really don't know what to make of this ludacris "statement"of yours. im trying to be dan bikav zechus, but this sounds rude and offensive.
DID I OFFEND YOU MOMMY912???????

Aish

Post Tue, Aug 23 2005, 7:08 am
[quote="Mommy912"]
Quote:
you are overflowing with masterful dialogue which those who surround you fall short of appreciating.

again, wow, that was so rude. do you feel the need to be rude?
why?
did someone hurt your feelings and now you wish to do the same to someone else?
do you feel the need to demean?
do you need to talk this over with someone?
maybe you should!

de_goldy

Post Tue, Aug 23 2005, 8:14 am
Aish - can you explain exactly what you found so offensive about that post? personally, I thought she was trying to be funny. BUt now looking at it from your point, its very possible that this statement of yours could have upset her: "wow, I feel like a genius! I can speak english again! no thats not baby/toddler/preschool negotiation/conversation"
Again, I have no idea. just speculating.

Pearl

Post Tue, Aug 23 2005, 8:25 am
Quote:
Yael wrote:
Just so you know, I edited this thread. dont let disagreements from the controversial section spill over to the other parts of our site.

Mommy912

Post Tue, Aug 23 2005, 10:25 am
Aish wrote:
after I heard her even I was articulate for a few days. that really rubbed off on me! my hubby looked at me in surprise like "is this the girl I once dated? hi nice to meet you, its been a number of years, nice to have you back, let me listen to your well thought out, intelligent and highly ARTICULATE knowledge you impart to me now".
wow, I feel like a genius! I can speak english again! no thats not baby/toddler/preschool negotiation/conversation

I wrote:

Translation to English for those of us like me whose daily vocabulary consists of words of one syllable like 'Eat your Food', 'Go To Bed', 'Get on The Bus':
We see from your posts here that you have a lot to say and no one around you is mature enough to listen to it. So: permission granted to speak whatever you want to whomever you want. We are here to listen.

Sorry if this was offensive or unclear, my brain has been addled from lack of sleep and pregnancies.

Last edited by Mommy912 on Tue, Aug 23 2005, 11:42 am; edited 2 times in total

technic

Post Tue, Aug 23 2005, 10:29 am
well I enjoyed ur post anyway - its a long time since ive seen so many grownup words in the same place at the same time Wink

Yael

Post Tue, Aug 23 2005, 1:20 pm
technic wrote:
well I enjoyed ur post anyway - its a long time since ive seen so many grownup words in the same place at the same time Wink

same here! I didnt find it rude at all. it actually made me laugh Very Happy

RedVines

Post Tue, Aug 23 2005, 1:45 pm
I am a little confused...What is this argument about?

technic

Post Tue, Aug 23 2005, 3:13 pm
I bet u would have been able 2 figure that out BK (B4 Kids!!!)

buba123

Post Tue, Aug 23 2005, 3:55 pm
Did anyone ever read Jenny McCarthy's book on pregnancy and childbirth? (If I offended you by naming this book - sorry) It's hysterical LOL She writes about her experience going through all the changes when giving birth - losing your memory.... I think every (pregnant) mom should read it.
And yes - pregnancy definitely addled (is that a word?) my brain!! But I think many moms feel it more bec. we're home with the kids. Those moms that are out there in the work force get to stretch their brain cells and engage in adult conversation.

Aish

Post Tue, Aug 23 2005, 7:40 pm
ok mommy912, freinds again Thumbs Up

Pearl

Post Wed, Aug 24 2005, 3:45 am
Quote:
buba123 wrote:
Those moms that are out there in the work force get to stretch their brain cells and engage in adult conversation.

don't be too sure Confused Rolling Eyes

chulent

Post Wed, Aug 24 2005, 9:07 am
for all those mothers to be in hope... I completly lost it (memory and brain cells) during first pregnancy... and guess what? it never came back... sorry!

technic

Post Wed, Aug 24 2005, 9:39 am
chulent at least u can still remember how 2 log on Exclamation LOL

chulent

Post Fri, Aug 26 2005, 2:31 am
just about

1stimer

Post Fri, Aug 26 2005, 4:56 am
Are u guys being serious!?! then its scary... I'm just as clever as b4... I'm just 2 tired 2 think!

technic

Post Fri, Aug 26 2005, 7:40 am
1stimer then UR prob is easy 2 solve - I should think its obvious from my posts that MY brain has been affected LOL
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics