Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Mill basin High School (girls)

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Feb 25 2019, 11:25 pm
Anyone familiar. I just discovered it in google. It’s open for like 2-3 years. Elementary existed way before. Looks like some classes are mixed boys and girls. But I think high school is for girls only. Can anyone give more info. Would they recommend it. Thankyou

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Feb 25 2019, 11:57 pm
amother wrote:
Anyone familiar. I just discovered it in google. It’s open for like 2-3 years. Elementary existed way before. Looks like some classes are mixed boys and girls. But I think high school is for girls only. Can anyone give more info. Would they recommend it. Thankyou

The current elementary is coed until 6th grade, and is a merge between yeshiva of crown heights and yeshiva of Manhattan beach. The head of school is rabbi Raphael Farhi.

His wife, mrs ilana Farhi, opened the girls only high school in the same building. She previously worked at shaarai torah.

The elementary is a very mixed crowd. There are kids from families that have gone thru/are going thru very rough divorces, kids straight from public school, kids from houses with varying levels of observance (shabbos is not a given). The staff is very dedicated and hardworking and the school has come a long way in the past 3 years.

I don't know much about the high school crowd.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Feb 26 2019, 6:33 am
amother wrote:
The current elementary is coed until 6th grade, and is a merge between yeshiva of crown heights and yeshiva of Manhattan beach. The head of school is rabbi Raphael Farhi.

His wife, mrs ilana Farhi, opened the girls only high school in the same building. She previously worked at shaarai torah.

The elementary is a very mixed crowd. There are kids from families that have gone thru/are going thru very rough divorces, kids straight from public school, kids from houses with varying levels of observance (shabbos is not a given). The staff is very dedicated and hardworking and the school has come a long way in the past 3 years.

I don't know much about the high school crowd.

Thankyou.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Feb 26 2019, 2:27 pm
SO I visited the school today. It’s 10min away from my house. Looks like it very easy going on tznius side
Anyone can recommend
How’s is it’s academics. Are there male teachers in Hs

rgr

Post Tue, Feb 26 2019, 3:10 pm
Your post has derogatory info on an identifiable person. Perhaps think of editing

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Feb 26 2019, 3:57 pm
rgr wrote:
Your post has derogatory info on an identifiable person. Perhaps think of editing

Not sure what you mean
Edited since we all have different view points and expressions of it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics