Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
How far/close is your childs school from home?
Previous  1  2

Israeli_C

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 3:16 am
15-20 mins by bus (if I catch the 'right one' - the other buses take me on a long detour and can double the time).

Doesn't sound like a lot, but with 2 month old twins and a toddler in addition to DD, it sure does feel like a lot longer!!

yo'ma

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 10:00 am
amother wrote:
In California it is normal to drive 45-60 minutes to school but in NY doing so is crazy (although kids can often be on the bus for more than 45 minutes)

That seems really far for California. Is the school really far or a lot of traffic? The 40 minutes for me to take my kids to school was by train. A little less than 10 minutes to the trains, a little less than 20 minutes on the train, and then a little less than 10 minutes to get to school from the train. Going by car will take longer because there's always traffic, but without traffic, about 1/2 hour.

yo'ma

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 10:02 am
Israeli_C wrote:
15-20 mins by bus (if I catch the 'right one' - the other buses take me on a long detour and can double the time).

Doesn't sound like a lot, but with 2 month old twins and a toddler in addition to DD, it sure does feel like a lot longer!!

Oh my, I gave you a hug!! That must really be rough. Okay, I'm not complaining anymore Smile . It's just new to me because they were so close before.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children