Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Any ideas where to sell used kids clothing?

imamother22

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 8:15 pm
I have 2 boys who are one size apart, and also a 2 year old girl. I've been painstakingly sorting and storing all their outgrown clothes since they were born (lots of matching boys clothes 1 size apart...). I'm moving now and I don't want to throw their clothes out but I don't want to move them and store them at the new place... does anyone have any ideas where I can sell kids' clothing? If not, any good suggestions where I can donate them? (I'd rather sell because I'm buying a house and I could use the extra money now. But if that's not an option, I'd love to donate it.)

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 8:42 pm
ebay?
does your community have a yahoogroup or a whatsapp group? people sometimes post on those that they want to sell stuff.
Would you be interested in having a garage sale?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 9:12 pm
How old are your boys? In general what companies are the clothes from?

I have bought clothes from people on craiglist, but it may not be worth your while - you'll likely need to spend time photographing everything and may not get much for it. Theres also ebay, I think you'd make more money there but again that takes at lot of time - listing it, photographing it, then mailing it out and depending on when your moving might not have it all sold in time. For donations I think there an organization in brooklyn that takes clothes. I forget the name but can find it if your interested....

Amarante

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 9:18 pm
Perhaps there is a consignment shop.

Otherwise you can try selling as a lot on craigslist. People are more likely to want to buy a group of clothing rather than one pair of pants.

However, unless you have some really valuable items, you are probably over-estimating how much money you would get for them - and there is all the hassle of listing items and having to deal with the public - or shipping items.

You are much better off donating. I generally just drop off items at the National Council of Jewish Women because they are very convenient to my home. I put the bags in my trunk and when I pass by and have a spare five minutes, I pull into their donation door. There might be other options in your area but for me this is the easiest way to donate.

seeker

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 9:27 pm
If they're higher-end brands then do consignment. Otherwise donation is more convenient. Some consignment stores will take the lot off your hands and donate what they won't sell.

chicco

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 9:29 pm
Poshmark!

imamother22

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 9:38 pm
thank you!!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 9:39 pm
If they're not designer clothes I suggest you sell it as one lot for size x, season y. One picture with everything laid out should do it.
People are not likely to buy a piece here and there and it will be a big headache in piecemeal especially if you're trying to move.
I find it too hard, so I donate to people I know will love and use the clothes. That makes me happy. Even donating can be hard but I've learned that a full lot - a wardrobe for one season in one size is very appealing and makes things easier for everybody.
Good luck!

Last edited by ra_mom on Sun, Mar 31 2019, 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 9:42 pm
chicco wrote:
Poshmark!

I just posted asking about this-- is it for real?? What if the purchaser does not like what they have bought from you?

jf

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 3:30 pm
Is there a Once Upon a Child near you?

They buy used kids clothes and resell them. It's not consignment--you walk out with cash. However, some things to know:
1. They are extremely picky about quality. No staining, pilling, etc. They take this very seriously, particularly for baby clothes.
2. They limit much you can sell them per day. Depending on far you have to go, it might not be worth it if you have go every day for 2 weeks to get rid of your stuff!

chicco

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 4:10 pm
amother wrote:
I just posted asking about this-- is it for real?? What if the purchaser does not like what they have bought from you?

It is very for real. I know people who have bought and sold there. The purchaser is stuck with the merchandise unless it was marketed falsely. All imperfections need to be listed. Also the sellers show a million pictures.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics