Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Party- setting up table nicely

happy2beme

Post Fri, Dec 21 2007, 7:44 am
Some ppl when they make a party they have the table set up so beautifully. Can anyone give me tips or post pics of what they did.
I'm planning an upsherin, a little premature, but I like doing things in advance. Where do I get nice cake stands & bowls, etc...
any ideas?
thx

greenfire

Post Fri, Dec 21 2007, 8:43 am
while you're getting info plan the bar mitzva too Wink

louche

Post Fri, Dec 21 2007, 10:23 am
there is a woman named rivka slavin or slatkin or s/t like that, a professional organizer from baltimore, who has a website as well as a jewish flybabies-type forum. she sells books with names like Pesach Perfectly organized, so if you google on that you should be able to find her. The website has a whole section on table setting, with pix and quick instructions.

Lani22

Post Fri, Dec 21 2007, 10:26 am
National Wholesale Liquidators or Amazing Savings have great, very inexpensive bowls, platters, cake stands.......perfect for setting up a buffet

mimsy7420

Post Fri, Dec 21 2007, 11:38 am
Put a tablecloth down and then put overturned boxes or big pots and drape another tablecloth over them so you have raised platforms to display food. Or you can just put one box in the centre and kind of artfully drape a tablecloth over it for the main centrepiece which looks really pretty.

imokay

Post Fri, Dec 21 2007, 12:04 pm
I think u first need to decide what the menu will be and let that determine your serving stuff- ie:serving hero sandwiches and chicken cutlets, then that's more picnicy- so baskets would be a good choice.
frenchfries and hotdogs is more kiddie fair, so center pieces made out of lego and assorted toys would be cute.
but more elgant fair, and you want more elgant serving pieces.
of course you can alwys opt for generic pieces like clear ones.
have fun!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics