Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Shampoo for build up

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 12:18 pm
Hi all. My 10 year old daughter has some sort of oily build up in her hair. We have tried a few different shampoos and/or conditioners. Even if she washes her twice, and scrubs her scalp, the top of her hair always seems oily. Any recommendation for a shampoo?
Also. She goes swimming every day (this problem started during the winter, not just now) and I wonder if the chlorine is making the problem worse.
Anon cuz asked ppl in real life.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 12:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi all. My 10 year old daughter has some sort of oily build up in her hair. We have tried a few different shampoos and/or conditioners. Even if she washes her twice, and scrubs her scalp, the top of her hair always seems oily. Any recommendation for a shampoo?
Also. She goes swimming every day (this problem started during the winter, not just now) and I wonder if the chlorine is making the problem worse.
Anon cuz asked ppl in real life.

Neutrogena will get rid of any product buildup.

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 12:25 pm
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....title

Seriously magic

lkwdlady

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 12:58 pm
I once overheard a hair dresser telling someone to use clarifying shampoo to get rid of build up.

aliavi

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 7:19 pm
lkwdlady wrote:
I once overheard a hair dresser telling someone to use clarifying shampoo to get rid of build up.

This. You can also try the purple shampoo meant for blondes if you can’t find a regular clarifying. If she is swimming daily is her scalp dry and overproducing oil to compensate? A drop of Dawn dish soap gets rid of anything.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics