Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Mrs. Mertzbach. Brainstorm.
Previous  1  2

amother
Sunflower

Post Fri, Nov 12 2021, 12:52 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What would you like to know?
My child Baruch Hashem graduated from the program recently, and is doing really well bh.
I started taking my son too.

Thanks for your reply. What is her specialty? If you don’t mind sharing, what issues did your child struggle with and how did she help? How many sessions?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 12 2021, 1:37 am
amother [ Sunflower ] wrote:
Thanks for your reply. What is her specialty? If you don’t mind sharing, what issues did your child struggle with and how did she help? How many sessions?

She has MANY specialties. Every time I went for a follow up I marveled again at how much she know and does. She puts her heart and soul into her clients. She really made me feel like my kid is the cutest smartest kid she's ever seen. My kid loved going to her because she doesn't stop showering with compliments. She picks up on many nuances and from seeing my child for a short session she was able to pinpoint their strengths and weaknesses and was on the mark every time!

My child struggled with add and sensory, and low self esteem. This child is now confident and loved by teachers and classmates. My next child is ADHD and all over the place. We just started 2-3 months ago.

So Mrs. Mertzbach does the initial evaluation, then pairs you up with one of her trained teachers. you then go 1-3 times a week depending on the case. My 1st child started off 3 times a week and it was slowly reduced, my 2nd child started with twice a week.
Then you go back to Mertzbach after 6 weeks or so for a re-eval, And she adjusts the exercises according to the progress. Sometimes the trained teacher will recommend waiting longer before following up.
My 1st child was on the program for just over 2 years. My next child is very motivated and a real ppl pleaser nature so we're expecting to finish much sooner. We hope to go down to once a week at the next re-eval.

amother
Brass

Post Fri, Nov 12 2021, 1:53 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
She has MANY specialties. Every time I went for a follow up I marveled again at how much she know and does. She puts her heart and soul into her clients. She really made me feel like my kid is the cutest smartest kid she's ever seen. My kid loved going to her because she doesn't stop showering with compliments. She picks up on many nuances and from seeing my child for a short session she was able to pinpoint their strengths and weaknesses and was on the mark every time!

My child struggled with add and sensory, and low self esteem. This child is now confident and loved by teachers and classmates. My next child is ADHD and all over the place. We just started 2-3 months ago.

So Mrs. Mertzbach does the initial evaluation, then pairs you up with one of her trained teachers. you then go 1-3 times a week depending on the case. My 1st child started off 3 times a week and it was slowly reduced, my 2nd child started with twice a week.
Then you go back to Mertzbach after 6 weeks or so for a re-eval, And she adjusts the exercises according to the progress. Sometimes the trained teacher will recommend waiting longer before following up.
My 1st child was on the program for just over 2 years. My next child is very motivated and a real ppl pleaser nature so we're expecting to finish much sooner. We hope to go down to once a week at the next re-eval.

What is the cost? Are all of her trained teachers in Monsey, or does she have anyone in New York City for those sessions and you can just just go to Monsey for the evaluations>

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 12 2021, 2:21 am
amother [ Brass ] wrote:
What is the cost? Are all of her trained teachers in Monsey, or does she have anyone in New York City for those sessions and you can just just go to Monsey for the evaluations>

I don't remember how much the initial eval was, but the follow-ups are $85.
Each teacher charges differently. You can probably expect to pay $30-70 per session. I pay $40 now.
I don't know about teachers out of Monsey. You can call or email and ask 845-671-8412 brainstormappointment@gmail.com

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 7:28 pm
Following this. Someone recommended her for my child who has attentional issues but I’m very confused. What are this woman’s credentials? Someone posted that she has a lot of specialities. Is she a psychologist? A speech therapist? What is the research data on this program? Are there false positives? How does she determine eligibility for her program? How does she measure progress?

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 8:15 pm
I'm also wondering. I am an OT, take insurance and there is nothing mentioned here that I don't do.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 8:21 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
Unfortunately I don’t know too many details either... just know that she’s a wonderful lady who follows a program called brainstorm. She claims the program has a 99.9 percent success rate. I know of schools who refer parents to Her as they’ve seen unbelievable results in other kids. From what I’ve heard I gather that she has trained mentors who do the exercises and she only does evals and follow ups

Success at what? That’s a pretty wild number. If my child has attentional issues how does she address that? She has no website and I can’t find any info on this program online. Other than this thread! Is it her own research?

OMG!

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 8:45 pm
My Dd has been in the programs for a year. To strengthen weak muscles in her eyes and to help her focus in class better. My 3 nieces are also part amd our school sends lots of kids to her with great results. Her name is all over the community. I just did a rebirthing session with my son. The first half hour she evaluated the right and left side of the brain and determines the IQ. Anyway, it’s very interesting. She gave My son some trampoline exercise that’s good for the brain. She’s wonderful, but You gotta believe

RandomJewishmom

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 9:07 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
Following this. Someone recommended her for my child who has attentional issues but I’m very confused. What are this woman’s credentials? Someone posted that she has a lot of specialities. Is she a psychologist? A speech therapist? What is the research data on this program? Are there false positives? How does she determine eligibility for her program? How does she measure progress?

I dont think she is licensed. It's a method she came up with.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 9:41 pm
OMG! wrote:
My Dd has been in the programs for a year. To strengthen weak muscles in her eyes and to help her focus in class better. My 3 nieces are also part amd our school sends lots of kids to her with great results. Her name is all over the community. I just did a rebirthing session with my son. The first half hour she evaluated the right and left side of the brain and determines the IQ. Anyway, it’s very interesting. She gave My son some trampoline exercise that’s good for the brain. She’s wonderful, but You gotta believe

Sounds good. I hear her name all over, I'm still looking for clarity on what she does that an OT doesn't. This is pretty standard OT stuff.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 9:49 pm
OMG! wrote:
Believe what

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 9:55 pm
RandomJewishmom wrote:
I dont think she is licensed. It's a method she came up with.

She didn't just come up with it. It's based on Brain Gym and a few other systems. Each kid gets a personalized program.

amother
Snowflake

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 11:27 pm
Please use caution. None of the teachers are licensed in anyway - they took a small little training from her and are expected to help children with physical exercises. She absolutely does not have a 99.9% success rate -far from it, many children after spending much time and effort head to licensed OT’s or psychologists/psychiatrist to actually deal with ADHD. please do your research carefully.

amother
Grape

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 12:03 am
Bump

amother
Eggplant

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 1:40 am
I just took my 12 year old son for an evaluation last week, after many other failed attempts, feeling beyond frustrated with his behavior and academic issues. She said he is 5 grades below his age level and hopefully can get him up with doing a series of certain exercises with her trained people. At this point they charge about $75 for 1/2 sessions, and up! But if this can help him get where he needs to be, its all worth it.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 1:49 am
I saw amazing results with DS.

He was socially way below age level, very unmotivated and low self esteem.

After a few sessions he was unrecognizable.

But he didn't need it for academics or behavior.

amother
Grape

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 8:48 am
Anyone did this for sensory issues/lack awareness \socially off issues? How much is the eval?

amother
Topaz

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 2:48 am
She is the most wonderful person ever.
There is a Cd available to implement such exercise, I know a lady sold it in Aim Byisroel
The number to aim byisroel is 845.354.8600
I think the lady that sold it in aim byisroel said her name is jacobowitz, and she lives in monsey

amother
Topaz

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 2:48 am
I found the cd lady number
its 845.263.0611

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Jan 26 2024, 3:41 am
Bumping this for more recent info.
Principal suggested we take my 11 yo daughter.

Anyone who did this more recently can chime in about the program/diagnosis this helps for/credentials/pricing/ease of getting appts and any other pertinent info?

Tia!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children