Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Looking to collect recipes using Mrs Dash(salt alternative)

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 29 2023, 10:25 am
I can only have a very limited amount of salt due to very high blood pressure. I tried using Mrs dash instead of salt and I really didn’t like it. I don’t like oregano. There’s a lot of oregano in Mrs dash. I need salt to enjoy my food so I’ve been using it. But my blood pressure is so high.
Please help me cut back on salt and give me flavorful recipes using Mrs dash.

613mitzvahgirl

Post Fri, Dec 29 2023, 12:26 pm
You can look on their website. I did that years ago and got some really yummy recipes. I wish I can type it all out, but it would take too long. Though I use them on chicken, potatoes, roasted vegetables, meat recipes.
The Italian is delicious when you mix it with marinara sauce for baked ziti..
feel free to ask for more ideas.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 29 2023, 12:34 pm
613mitzvahgirl wrote:
You can look on their website. I did that years ago and got some really yummy recipes. I wish I can type it all out, but it would take too long. Though I use them on chicken, potatoes, roasted vegetables, meat recipes.
The Italian is delicious when you mix it with marinara sauce for baked ziti..
feel free to ask for more ideas.

Do you add salt to your recipes?

613mitzvahgirl

Post Fri, Dec 29 2023, 12:49 pm
Only potatoe kugel and challah and cakes and cookie recipes

DrMom

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 1:30 pm
Maybe it would be easier to find other herbs that you do like and find no-salt recipes that use those herbs.

Also, aren't there a bunch of different Mrs. Dash flavors? Maybe there's one without oregano?

amother
Denim

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 3:06 pm
How are your kidneys? What are you potassium levels? Can you you a KCL product like Nu Salt?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 3:13 pm
amother Denim wrote:
How are your kidneys? What are you potassium levels? Can you you a KCL product like Nu Salt?

Yes, the dr was concerned about the kidneys but I just had a kidney scan and bh everything is fine. I’ll be doing more lab work next week.

amother
Clematis

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 3:26 pm
Mrs. Dash Everything buy the Salt has no oregano, I use it to make egg white vegetable omelettes, and then pour low sodium tomato sauce on top, really good!

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 4:58 pm
amother Clematis wrote:
Mrs. Dash Everything buy the Salt has no oregano, I use it to make egg white vegetable omelettes, and then pour low sodium tomato sauce on top, really good!

That sounds good. I didn’t realize there were so many types. The jar I have says original.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 5:26 pm
amother OP wrote:
That sounds good. I didn’t realize there were so many types. The jar I have says original.

I liked the spicy one. I would put it in chicken soup. No one else around me likes it, though, so I haven’t done it in awhile. But yes, they have lots of flavors!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics