Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Best time to leave to the country this weekend
Previous  1  2  3  Next

cbsp

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 2:44 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
My husband is iyh landing at 10 am on Friday from an overseas flight. He doesnt have the option of leaving Brooklyn earlier. I hope he'll make it to the bungalow in time for Shabbos...
Worst case scenario I'll schnorr shabbos food from my neighbors (he does my friday food shopping).

Maybe send him the info in this letter from Catskill Hatzolah:

https://greaterlakewood.com/wo.....-day/

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 2:50 pm
My in laws live in Bethel and they don’t plan on even leaving the house tonight or tomorrow. My FIL said they are expecting 100,000 people

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 2:54 pm
I hope the concert has some serious security, yea, that's where my mind goes at any event over 50 people. sad but true.
and I'd love to know who's performing. google didn't get me anywhere.

off on a tangent, I know.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 2:58 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
I hope the concert has some serious security, yea, that's where my mind goes at any event over 50 people. sad but true.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/a.....72001

Chaya123

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 3:11 pm
I'm in such a dilemma, don't know what to do. My sister in law is making bar mitzvah tonight in Monticello and really want to go, however would mean traveling there and back as no place to stay for Shabbos. Also, would mean schlepping along 9 year old, who's not a great traveler, and will be after a full day in day camp at amusement/water park, and 2 year old. My 11 year old is on overnight in day camp so won't be home until tomorrow morning. My oldest -13 year old- is in camp in Ferndale and has visiting day this Sunday and really want to visit her. However, now with all these traffic warnings, don't know what to do. Wish they would cancel visiting day, she's coming home one week later anyway but miss her terribly and really want to see her and don't want her to be left unsupervised/alone without family, although she keeps telling me all the out of town girls aren't getting visitors. I would call the camp and find out what their plan is for those girls not getting visitors but don't want to be one of those annoying mothers. Help!

sub

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 3:18 pm
Woodstock is cancelled
If she’s coming back next week then no need to go up. Send a nice package with UPS .

Chaya123

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 3:20 pm
sub wrote:
Woodstock is cancelled
If she’s coming back next week then no need to go up. Send a nice package with UPS .

Seems there were 2 Woodstock events, 1 is canceled, other one isn't. Hatzala sent letter warning everyone of traffic.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 3:35 pm
sub wrote:
Woodstock is cancelled

There were multiple events. Only one was cancelled. This big one in Beth el is still taking place .
My DH and kids were there earlier this week visiting, and homeland security and the army and all other agencies are in full force preparing for this . This event wasn’t cancelled.

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 4:04 pm
There were 2/3 events scheduled. One was cancelled. The one in Bethel was not cancelled.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 5:08 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
My husband is iyh landing at 10 am on Friday from an overseas flight. He doesnt have the option of leaving Brooklyn earlier. I hope he'll make it to the bungalow in time for Shabbos...
Worst case scenario I'll schnorr shabbos food from my neighbors (he does my friday food shopping).

There are other routes to the Catskills. If you avoid the main highway, and take the minor roads it may end up being faster in this type of a situation.

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 5:16 pm
Chaya123 wrote:
I'm in such a dilemma, don't know what to do. My sister in law is making bar mitzvah tonight in Monticello and really want to go, however would mean traveling there and back as no place to stay for Shabbos. Also, would mean schlepping along 9 year old, who's not a great traveler, and will be after a full day in day camp at amusement/water park, and 2 year old. My 11 year old is on overnight in day camp so won't be home until tomorrow morning. My oldest -13 year old- is in camp in Ferndale and has visiting day this Sunday and really want to visit her. However, now with all these traffic warnings, don't know what to do. Wish they would cancel visiting day, she's coming home one week later anyway but miss her terribly and really want to see her and don't want her to be left unsupervised/alone without family, although she keeps telling me all the out of town girls aren't getting visitors. I would call the camp and find out what their plan is for those girls not getting visitors but don't want to be one of those annoying mothers. Help!

I just got an email from my dds camp saying that they're not canceling visiting day, but they strongly suggest people don't travel from Brooklyn/New Jersey because of all the traffic. They are planning a fun day for the kids with no visitors and camp is anyhow over a week later, so it's totally not necessary.

Call the camp and ask, there's usually a teenager answering the phone and she has no clue who you are.

yidishmamma

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 5:27 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
There are other routes to the Catskills. If you avoid the main highway, and take the minor roads it may end up being faster in this type of a situation.

I’m sure the backroads will also be jammed this weekend

Chaya123

Post Fri, Aug 16 2019, 10:29 am
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
I just got an email from my dds camp saying that they're not canceling visiting day, but they strongly suggest people don't travel from Brooklyn/New Jersey because of all the traffic. They are planning a fun day for the kids with no visitors and camp is anyhow over a week later, so it's totally not necessary.

Call the camp and ask, there's usually a teenager answering the phone and she has no clue who you are.

May I ask which camp this is? I think we're gonna brave the roads anyway Sunday morning and just leave early and hope for the best. I miss my daughter so much and want to see her already!

sweet

Post Fri, Aug 16 2019, 11:18 am
It took me 2 hours and 10 minutes last night to get from B.P. to exit 109 .
There was no traffic and people were making this into a much bigger deal then it was!

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Aug 16 2019, 11:54 am
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:

CT: Arlo is hosting a screening of the original movie tonight.

Tomorrow is Ringo’s All Star Band with Edgar winter, and Blood Sweat and Tears .(FWIW BST has been playing the fair circuit and they’re bad, bad as in not good. Ringo’s All Stars are just great every time I’ve seen them.)

Saturday is Santana with the Doobie bros. This should be a great show.

Sunday is John Fogarty with The Tedeschi Trucks band and Grace Potter. A sleeper of a show. Fogarty can’t keep a band member for an entire tour.

dankbar

Post Fri, Aug 16 2019, 2:00 pm
Is there still traffic today? My son just went up to the catskills from Brooklyn

sky

Post Fri, Aug 16 2019, 2:10 pm
I know a few ppl leaving at 2. So far haven’t heard about crazy traffic. Maybe there will be less now that they scared everyone off Smile

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Aug 16 2019, 2:20 pm
I would assume most of the heavy traffic will be in the Monticello and White Lake areas and and the roads that head to those areas.

dankbar

Post Fri, Aug 16 2019, 3:07 pm
We were driving in yesterday from Catskills to city & opposite direction was a parking lot

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Fri, Aug 16 2019, 3:13 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I would assume most of the heavy traffic will be in the Monticello and White Lake areas and and the roads that head to those areas.

In Monticello / white lake area. No traffic here!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics