Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Recommendations to get fancy dress for bar mitzvah in Lakew

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 5:00 pm
My son is having his bar mitzvah in early November. Where are the best and cheapest places to go in Lakewood or Brooklyn for a fancy knee length dress for shabbos and for the Sunday night event? I’m short like 5’0 and a size 4 if that helps.

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 5:52 pm
I know this will sound crazy & I thought it was, too, but we were just very successful in David’s Bridal. In addition to their bridal gowns &bridesmaids gowns, they have a formalwear section that had a lot of beautiful stuff. Also the service was great! When we were there last week they had a lot of stuff on clearance. We found a number of items in the $100-120 range (some clearance, some regular- the salesperson also volunteered that there was a $20 coupon off reg priced items). We ended up with a $99 gown that we cut to a dress.

Anon because I’ve told a bunch of people about it.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 7:40 pm
Miri’s
Not cheap, but perfect for what your describing.

Jewishfoodie

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 7:44 pm
Favorite dress!

https://m.saks.com/pd.jsp?site.....91419

But everyone has different taste..

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 8:20 pm
Thanks for responses
To clarify, willing to spend up to $300 one each or just for one. Would Miri have in that range or is there somewhere else?

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 8:46 pm
I just went bar mitzvah dress shopping with my sil who came into lkwd to shop. She stopped by miris without me and found something she loved out of her price range. She decided if she doesnt find anything at the end of the day shed go back and get it. We went to estis and she bought something very formal in the 350 range and then we went to surelle. They help in surelle was incredible and they had beautiful stuff but she was very particular about the cut of the dress and they didnt have something flattering for her. Then we went to brendas and she found something for the kiddush plus another shabbos dress both under 250. She never went back to miris. I will warn u it was a longgg draining day but bh she was very successful!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 8:54 pm
Thanks I think I’ll start with Brenda’s and go to the other places afterwards
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics