Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Best baby gift
1  2  Next

amother

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 9:35 pm
what was the best baby gift you received? I am looking to spend around $50 for a new baby boy, son of a dear friend. Any recommendations?

momluv

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 11:00 pm
well, I bought for my very good friend a mobile for her crib cuz that's what I got by my first and it came to use. my ds loved it from day one.

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 11:05 pm
a baby gym, but ask if she has one already.

Squash

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 11:06 pm
THE very best gift that I got was a gift certificate for a body massage and a manicure. THE VERY BEST!!!!

anuta

Post Thu, Jan 03 2008, 10:58 am
A silver baby spoon...
I don't think you can find one for $50, but for $60-70 you can...

gigi

Post Thu, Jan 03 2008, 11:17 am
a case of diapers!

hmmm $50 dollars...
that could pay for a week of cleaning help.

Mimisinger

Post Thu, Jan 03 2008, 11:19 am
My boppy was the best. We also got a great mobile - but we got two of the same one!

As for diapers, I would beware - every tushie fits diapers differently. We wasted many a diaper finding one that didn't leak - how about a gift certificate instead?

AGINY

Post Thu, Jan 03 2008, 11:37 am
Little Giraffe blanket. It is so soft and delish that my son instantly fell in love with it and now when he needs to zone out and relax he takes it into a corner and just spaces with it for ten minutes. They are expensive but I have bought them on ebay since then for many friends and on ebay they are around your pricerange. Be careful not to order the blanky that is a 14" square - that is to take alongin a car etc.

ange

Post Thu, Jan 03 2008, 1:47 pm
I would say, "Is there something in particular that you could use for the new baby? I'm thinking about a (ex:) swing, bouncer, cleaning help for a week...etc...Anything come to mind?"

This way she has an idea of the price range even if you feel funny saying it straight out, and you know it's useful for her.

chava101

Post Thu, Jan 03 2008, 1:50 pm
The best present I got was a gift certificate at a local photography studio

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Jan 03 2008, 3:06 pm
a gift certificate for take-out would have been REALLY nice...

mummy-bh

Post Thu, Jan 03 2008, 3:52 pm
anuta wrote:
A silver baby spoon...

??? Excuse my ignorance, but....

Why? Scratching Head

anuta

Post Thu, Jan 03 2008, 4:33 pm
mummy-bh wrote:
anuta wrote:
A silver baby spoon...

Why? Scratching Head

To feed the baby with it of course... 8) and then pass on to the grandchildren. My children use silver spoons I was fed with as a baby... I have a silver spoon from my great-grandmother's wedding gift, my daughter eats cereal with it.. It is really special, and it is better than all the plastic baby spoons (they are not healthy, plastic leaches certain compounds that are not good for you).

I guess it depends on your culture and mentality if one would appreciate such a gift. I have given it as a baby gift to my sister and to a close friend, they both were thrilled.

Ima'la

Post Thu, Jan 03 2008, 5:07 pm
Music box that attaches to the crib, plays music and has lights, plus has a remote control. Really helped us put our babies to sleep. The lights might seem counter-productive, but their hypnotic. Mine plays tinny lullabies, but my brother has a fancier version that's a mobile and plays classical music! I don't know how much these cost, though, b/c they were gifts.

Esther23

Post Thu, Jan 03 2008, 5:44 pm
a pack-n-play, mine came with the option of raising the pad higher up which I used instead of a porta crib. It's the best thing to have, you can fold it up and store it, and we traveled a lot with it.

also, the take-along swing is great. It's a swing but it's small so you could carry it around to different rooms. Most of them have music and a small mobile as they swing and most infants love them.

momluv

Post Thu, Jan 03 2008, 5:47 pm
Ima'la wrote:
Music box that attaches to the crib, plays music and has lights, plus has a remote control. Really helped us put our babies to sleep. The lights might seem counter-productive, but their hypnotic. Mine plays tinny lullabies, but my brother has a fancier version that's a mobile and plays classical music! I don't know how much these cost, though, b/c they were gifts.

that's what I wrote, too. they are between 35-45 dollars and come with a remote. it's great. my favorite present!! my friend loves it too.

Pickle Lady

Post Thu, Jan 03 2008, 5:49 pm
Squash wrote:
THE very best gift that I got was a gift certificate for a body massage and a manicure. THE VERY BEST!!!!

I vote for that one!!! thats the best..right on squash.

yOungM0mmy

Post Thu, Jan 03 2008, 6:11 pm
A baby carrier, but I think the good ones are more than $50.

Squash

Post Thu, Jan 03 2008, 6:17 pm
Pickle Lady wrote:
Squash wrote:

I vote for that one!!! thats the best..right on squash.

psssssst everyone. now we know what to get pickle lady in 33 days! shhhhhhh

mommy24

Post Thu, Jan 03 2008, 6:19 pm
anuta wrote:
mummy-bh wrote:
anuta wrote:
A silver baby spoon...

Why? Scratching Head

To feed the baby with it of course... 8) and then pass on to the grandchildren. My children use silver spoons I was fed with as a baby... I have a silver spoon from my great-grandmother's wedding gift, my daughter eats cereal with it.. It is really special, and it is better than all the plastic baby spoons (they are not healthy, plastic leaches certain compounds that are not good for you).

I guess it depends on your culture and mentality if one would appreciate such a gift. I have given it as a baby gift to my sister and to a close friend, they both were thrilled.

My mother's friend always buys these for my babies. She gets them from tifanny's with their initials engraved. we haven't used any of htem, maybe for the next baby I will actually toivel them. It is a very nice gift but I wouldn't say the best gift.

I can not remember what hte best gift for my first was, but with my last the best gift I got was diapers/bibs/towels, etc. since I B"H have many hand me downs that was the perfect gift those were things I really needed.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics