Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Who are you
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 2:45 pm
I often wonder what type of ppl are posting here. Technically We have all types but untechnically we cant have super frum anti internet types on and I doubt we have MO ppl that are all the way to the left because don't think they would be interested. So who are you and what type of ppl do you think are on here.

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 2:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I often wonder what type of ppl are posting here. Technically We have all types but untechnically we cant have super frum anti internet types on and I doubt we have MO ppl that are all the way to the left because don't think they would be interested. So who are you and what type of ppl do you think are on here.

You’d be surprised. You have from one extreme to the other . Even people who are anti internet seem to pop up on here too. And there are MO people that don’t cover their hair and wear pants . I do find the MO people are slowly veering away from here though.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 2:52 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
You’d be surprised. You have from one extreme to the other . Even people who are anti internet seem to pop up on here too. And there are MO people that don’t cover their hair and wear pants . I do find the MO people are slowly veering away from here though.

How do they get on here without internet?!

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 2:52 pm
Who am I? Im a mother!

Gulabi

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 2:53 pm
I'll go for it. I'm new, I'm MO left leaning and biracial. I live in Europe.I don't think I'm necessarily a "good fit" here and I'd love to be in touch with anyone here similar to me. I think it's interesting. I also think there are some unpleasant people here, but that's life. That's who I am, who are you?

amother
Bisque

amother [ OP ] wrote:

Can u define what type u are?
And what makes the difference to you if you didnt or did know who are on here?

I think its quite obvious that its a very mix of all kinds and types. From litvish, yashivish , chassidim, xchassidim, ultra chassidish, orthodox... and on and on.... its funny , but yea!

shabbatiscoming

I am MO and have been here for years and have myselfbeen veering more and more to the modern side of life over the years. We are still here.
There areall different types of frum women here.

Elfrida

amother [ OP ] wrote:

Internet at work.

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 2:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
they break their own rules. Or they use internet from work or the library.

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 2:56 pm
scottishjewgirl wrote:
I'll go for it. I'm new, I'm MO left leaning and biracial. I live in Europe.I don't think I'm necessarily a "good fit" here and I'd love to be in touch with anyone here similar to me. I think it's interesting. I also think there are some unpleasant people here, but that's life. That's who I am, who are you?

You are a “good fit”. Imamother doesn’t discriminate. There’s no box you have to fit into. That’s what I like about it.

Gulabi

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 2:58 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
You are a “good fit”. Imamother doesn’t discriminate. There’s no box you have to fit into. That’s what I like about it.

Thank you very much, that really does mean a lot to me

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 3:01 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
Can u define what type u are?
And what makes the difference to you if you didnt or did know who are on here?

I think its quite obvious that its a very mix of all kinds and types. From litvish, yashivish , chassidim, xchassidim, ultra chassidish, orthodox... and on and on.... its funny , but yea!

Sure! Im a little chassidish, a little yeshivish, we don't speak yiddish at home, very frum, kids don't go on the internet but we read a lot of library books and encourage learning. I dont do chumros and do the best I can with the tools I have. I Have been on here for about 4 years I think and although it looks like a bunch if types I often think that there is really a very strong type here... that means it must attract a certain type of person within whatever group you are in. For example maybe its bout attracting the ppl that are very opposed to bc. Just an example.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 3:02 pm
scottishjewgirl wrote:

I dont live near you but would love to meet you Smile

giselle

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 3:06 pm
I feel like there are a lot of chasidim on here, or at least they are very vocal. Maybe because this is one of the few kosher sites?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 3:08 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
they break their own rules. Or they use internet from work or the library.

Didnt think of that.

Also not feeling so well and bored so just wanted to start a topic that interests me Smile

Gulabi

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 3:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I dont live near you but would love to meet you Smile

Thank you so very much, the feeling is mutual!
This is me, and my daughter, I think some people are curious to what a European/Indian Jewish woman looks like. Tartan hat added for the whole Scottish thing LOL
https://I.imgur.com/oDfA4iJ.jpg

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 3:10 pm
giselle wrote:
I feel like there are a lot of chasidim on here, or at least they are very vocal. Maybe because this is one of the few kosher sites?

Was thinking the same thing!

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 3:14 pm
Absolute centrist MO/dati leumi, originally from Brooklyn now in Israel. I don't cover my hair (though I started out marriage by covering) and I don't cover my elbows, but I wear skirts and mostly make sure they cover my knee. I post only when I have something to add and never under my user name (I know I have a relative or two who lurk the site).

There is a viral anti MO undercurrent here - the majority of the yeshivish and chassidish ladies here seem to feel that we're not religious enough, despite being shomrei Shabbat, kashrut, and taharat hamishpacha. Chumrot are not what make the religion.

If you want to get in touch, let me know and I'll pm you.

amother
Mustard

I'm chassidish, we're Viznits though my kids don't learn in Viznits. We live in Monsey, I wear an open wig & black tights in the winter. I don't drive because I'm scared to. My girls wear socks till 7 and pants till 4. I watch tv shows and movies when kids are out or asleep. We take our family to waterparks and I take BC without asking a sheila.
I'll think of what I skipped......

thunderstorm

scottishjewgirl wrote:
Thank you so very much, the feeling is mutual!
This is me, and my daughter, I think some people are curious to what a European/Indian Jewish woman looks like. Tartan hat added for the whole Scottish thing LOL
https://I.imgur.com/oDfA4iJ.jpg

Cute!
Page 1 of 7   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics