Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Help Wanted
Looking foran advocate for someone to obtain health insuranc

Lovekids

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 12:44 pm
willing to pay someone who specializes in obtaining health insurance for a low income family. this includes family health plus or medicade.
I appriciate your help in advance.

Last edited by Lovekids on Fri, Jan 11 2008, 2:01 am; edited 2 times in total

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 8:06 pm
Why don't you try COJO of Flatbush? They do it for Free.
Hatzlocha.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 8:17 pm
If you are so low income that you'd qualify for medicaid, then how do u have the money to shell out to someone else to apply on your behalf? I mean no disrespect, but I have seen the guidelines for mediciaid and they are LOW. so low that families who truthfully do qualify would be saving PENNIES and SAVING and SCRAPING everything they own. so it really makes no sense to me that someone who claims they qualify would go and throw their money to someone else, if you really do qualify for mediciad, youd be saving that money you are willing to give away and go down to the office yourself.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 8:50 pm
maybe someone is sponsoring the family who needs it?

Lovekids

Post Thu, Jan 10 2008, 9:28 am
the person that I am writing this for is not poor nor in the middle class as we call it. he has enough to basically support himself with the basic necessities but not enough to shell out $500 for health insurance. he works off the books so he can show no income. I know that there are people who can help people like him to obtain health insurance for a nominal fee. so no he cant pay $1000 for this service but he can pay 100-200 dollers for people who "know the ropes"

GetReal

Post Thu, Jan 10 2008, 9:32 am
Where does this person live? I know here the Community Council helps for free.

Lovekids

Post Thu, Jan 10 2008, 10:05 am
long island

amother

Post Sun, Jan 27 2008, 9:45 pm
I'm sorry lovekids, for jumping to conclusions. I wish you good luck.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 27 2008, 10:22 pm
he can make an appointment in boro park or flatbush and they will tell him everything he needs to bring and help him fill out the application. a while back it was necessary to personally go to the Medicaid office and wait for a very long time on line. now they would rather people apply using certified enrollers. so basically you make the appointment say by the cojo and they help you fill out the application and then submit it for you to the Medicaid office. so there realy is no need to hire someone to do it. there is a very nice guy named alex who trains and sets up the poeple working for the different community councils. his number is 212 453 9593. call him and he might be able to tell you location in long island if there is one.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics