Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Do you want me to buy Chanukah presents for your kids?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 5:57 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
Well good for you that you know your limit and still want to make your ds happy! I have a big problem with the toys4u catalogue! My kids have almost everything with no room for more yet when they see the catalog they go crazy with how everything is displayed on glossy pages. They drool over this magazine and beg non stop. It’s okay for them to want but it’s not okay for them to get everything they want.
The other day I was in amazing savings buying a new hot water urn. I couldn’t believe as I was waiting in line, this lady comes over to me with boxes of toys in her arms and asked me if I could help her pay for them. She told me that she wanted to buy these things for her kids for Chanuka and couldn’t afford it! How irresponsible! Why would she take things off the shelf if she can’t pay?? Anyway it was still 4 weeks before Chanuka... it was the middle of the day.. could she get a job so she could buy whatever she wants? I told her she should go to dollar tree since the toys there are much cheaper!
It’s one thing if someone asks you if they can buy something for you but to walk into the store and ask people to help you pay...

You come across as very judgmental.
I bentch you that you will never have to know firsthand what it feels like to be judged for not being employed.

I’m right with finances, and have to beg for tuition cuts etc..
I look perfectly healthy yet am not able to work.
I’m sure I get judged often by people like you.

You could have used the opportunity to be dan l’kaf z’chus.
Such a shame.

Laiya

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 6:08 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Why? If I’d like to give to anyone it would be you. I feel like I know you. And you’ve helped me a lot. I’d like to return the favor.

I wish I knew you both. Imamother at its best Smile

happyone

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 6:18 pm
you're amazing! mi ka'amcha yisroel!

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 6:43 pm
I wish we could be friends IRL. You’re an incredible person!

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 7:11 pm
Mommy3b2c, my Hashem shower you with brachah, hatzlachah, parnassah, good health for you and your entire family, beautiful shalom bayis. I’ll admit I don’t post often but I can’t let this go without bestowing upon you brachos. As others have said may you always be on the giving end.

flapsmom

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 8:41 pm
Mommy3b2c this post has me in tears! This is such an unbelievable chessed! It's a rare individual who will actually go out looking for ppl to help instead of waiting for the needy to ask. May H' repay you and bless you with everything good!!!

Ima4therecord

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 8:57 pm
Just as you are so giving to others Hashem should give to you and much more! This made mg night Sunny

lucky14

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 10:13 pm
Wow. Such a sweet thing for you to do. I love this.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 11:33 pm
Girls town Jerusalem on Facebook has a wish list
Backpacks dolls etc

Ruchel

Post Wed, Dec 18 2019, 6:43 am
I remember a few years we had my mom donate boxes of toys but people didn't take (bh).

cozyblanket

Post Wed, Dec 18 2019, 9:09 am
This is so special!

NewYorkgal31

Post Wed, Dec 18 2019, 10:30 am
Mommy3btc I think you are amazing. I pm you but didn’t get a response.

NewYorkgal31

Post Wed, Dec 18 2019, 10:31 am
You are amazing!

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Dec 18 2019, 10:33 am
NewYorkgal31 wrote:
Mommy3btc I think you are amazing. I pm you but didn’t get a response.

Sorry. Didn’t gat a chance yet. Send me a link with what they want and your address. Amazon link please

chayamiriam

Post Wed, Dec 18 2019, 1:30 pm
I work for a ladles home for older ladies with both physical and mental disabilities. most have no parents or family that's involved would love for the to get presents. They love an need t5feel people care about them!

amother
Burgundy

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 12:06 am
I sent a pm.
S.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 9:15 am
Hi.

I got lots of responses and with the help of some wonderful Imamothers I’m trying to put it all together. I don’t think we will be able to send out everything because there was a lot, and I have a limited amount I can give. We will try our best to send the most possible. If you don’t end up getting this time, I apologize. You can reach out to me in a few weeks time and I will try to help then. I hope everyone has a wonderful Chanukah, and Hashem should bless everyone with an amazing parnassa.

doodlesmom

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 9:20 am
What you are doing is amazing. Just a suggestion to let those who are or not receiving so that they can try to make other plans.

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 9:55 am
doodlesmom wrote:
What you are doing is amazing. Just a suggestion to let those who are or not receiving so that they can try to make other plans.

I second this idea. I PMd a few days ago and didn't get a response. I'm not complaining in any way but it's nice to know if you'll be getting it or not.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 11:59 am
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
I second this idea. I PMd a few days ago and didn't get a response. I'm not complaining in any way but it's nice to know if you'll be getting it or not.

I will try my best. It’s not that I don’t want to, but it’s been very confusing. A lot of people sending multiple messages. I can’t wven remember who’s who at this point. I’m trying my best.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics