Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Food stamps
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, Dec 27 2019, 3:01 am
There is an amazing lady that doesn't like how food is wasted and so she makes it a priority to get food from simchas/schools etc and anyone can come take. You can take as much as you want and you're honestly doing a huge mitzvah by using from her stuff instead of buying. If you'd like, I can find you her number.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 27 2019, 3:03 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
Where are you located? There are organizations that help you get approved if your numbers qualify, and to arrange your finances if you are close so you will qualify in the future.

In the meantime, do you want to create an anonymous fundraiser on the chessed fund site so we can help you a bit? It's completely anonymous. Post the link on this thread after you create it if you do so we can donate.
thechesedfund.com/onboarding

Thank you. Im so embarresed to ask but at this point I almost feel like I have no choice since I dont see any solution in sight for now. Maybe I can post the phone number of where we do our food shopping and if someone is able to put any amount of credit on our account it would help so much.

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Dec 27 2019, 3:05 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you so much. I'm embarresed to take like this but the kids will be so happy and it will be very helpful for us. How can we go abt it?we live in lakewood. This means so much on so many levels,thank you!

Can you create an anonymous fundraiser on thechesedfund.com so I can contribute something? It's completely anonymous. Post the link to the fundraiser after you set it up (you just need bank account for them to send you the money).

DrMom

Post Fri, Dec 27 2019, 3:19 am
Others have given you suggestions for how to get some staple food products to hold you over for a while.

The larger looming issue is how to get US citizenship for the 2 children who were born abroad, now that you are no longer located in their country of birth.

I believe you need to apply for a CONSULAR REPORT OF BIRTH ABROAD (CRBA). This is supposed to be done soon after the child is born...

https://eforms.state.gov/Forms/ds2029.pdf

As far as I can tell, you will need to return to the country where your children were born in order to file this form, which must be done in person. And I guess if you are having trouble affording milk, a trip abroad is not in your current budget.

What are the chances of someone sending you there for business purposes?
Do you know any immigration lawyers who offer pro bono services? Perhaps there is a clever (but legal, of course) way to file from within the US, or to have someone file on your behalf. It's worth asking...

Teomima

Post Fri, Dec 27 2019, 3:52 am
Like others have said, you've gotten some great suggestions for how to get yourself through this current tight spot, but long term you definitely need to solve the citizenship issue. I did some searching online for you and here's some valuable and hopefully helpful information I found:

https://www.nolo.com/legal-enc......html
Quote:"If your child is already in the U.S. and you did not obtain a CRBA overseas, you can either apply for a U.S. passport with the Department of State or you can apply for a Certificate of Citizenship with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). You will still need to show proof that you met the U.S. residency requirements necessary to transmit your citizenship to your child at the time of your child’s birth."

Here's information about for n-600 that may be the solution for you:
https://www.novacredit.com/res.....n-600
https://www.uscis.gov/n-600

It sounds like organizing all this is complicated for you, since you never filed for a CRBA for two of your children. But it's really important that you spend some time dealing with this paperwork if you're having trouble buying milk for your kids.

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Dec 27 2019, 7:58 am
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
There is an amazing lady that doesn't like how food is wasted and so she makes it a priority to get food from simchas/schools etc and anyone can come take. You can take as much as you want and you're honestly doing a huge mitzvah by using from her stuff instead of buying. If you'd like, I can find you her number.

There is also a Kosher pantry on Swarthmore
I will iyh try to post the details

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Dec 27 2019, 9:05 am
Teomima wrote:
Like others have said, you've gotten some great suggestions for how to get yourself through this current tight spot, but long term you definitely need to solve the citizenship issue. I did some searching online for you and here's some valuable and hopefully helpful information I found:

https://www.nolo.com/legal-enc......html
Quote:"If your child is already in the U.S. and you did not obtain a CRBA overseas, you can either apply for a U.S. passport with the Department of State or you can apply for a Certificate of Citizenship with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). You will still need to show proof that you met the U.S. residency requirements necessary to transmit your citizenship to your child at the time of your child’s birth."

Here's information about for n-600 that may be the solution for you:
https://www.novacredit.com/res.....n-600
https://www.uscis.gov/n-600

It sounds like organizing all this is complicated for you, since you never filed for a CRBA for two of your children. But it's really important that you spend some time dealing with this paperwork if you're having trouble buying milk for your kids.

Please do this, or apply for their passports directly with the US Department of State. Try to do this using the directions here, and scroll down to look for secondary evidence you can use for birth abroad, citizenship at birth.

https://travel.state.gov/conte......html

Please please do this for them. I have a relative whose parents didn't handle this when they were young and they encountered tremendous difficulty when they were older. I can't even begin to get into it.

I'm also really curious what your children's status in the US is. Did the CBP officer acknowledge that they were US citizens or did they get a visa stamp in a foreign passport?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 27 2019, 2:10 pm
Deleted

amother
Sapphire

Post Sat, Dec 28 2019, 7:21 pm
Bump. Any more mothers want to help a sister give her kids food and milk? OP posted a link to help above.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sat, Dec 28 2019, 7:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I first need the certificate of born abroad

There is no way one has to fly to a country to get a birth certificate. It's 2019 (almost 2020).
Do some research, call the embassy. Your issue could get resolved quite easily.
Also if you have enough income for 5 kids milk and bread shouldn't be the issue for the other 2?

amother
Brown

Post Sat, Dec 28 2019, 7:41 pm
Bump. Any more mothers want to help a sister give her kids food and milk? OP posted a link to help above.

OP might be better served by applying for her children's passports and then getting her family the funding they qualify for, than doing a fundraiser.

OT but do fundraisers on here need Yael's approval?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 28 2019, 8:03 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
OP might be better served by applying for her children's passports and then getting her family the funding they qualify for, than doing a fundraiser.

OT but do fundraisers on here need Yael's approval?

I did not know I will remove it. But this isn't abt passports and I'm working on getting the born abroad certificate with the help and ideas of everyone here. which is a long process and takes a few weeks so in the meantime until we do get help with food I tried.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 28 2019, 8:05 pm

A poster mention I need yaels approval so I removed it but thank you so so much Hug

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 28 2019, 8:07 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:

If you have a chance can you pls post a phone number.that would be a help!

amother
Brown

Post Sat, Dec 28 2019, 8:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
A poster mention I need yaels approval so I removed it but thank you so so much Hug

I just wanted to clarify that I don't know that you do need Yael's approval - wasn't sure so I asked because in the past when I've seen these I've seen posters say they got Yael's approval. Didn't mean that you have to take it down because I'm genuinely not sure.

Also, it might be easier to get their US passports from within the US than their CRBA from within the US, but I wish you best of luck however you do it and I hope you and your family get everything you need.

ra_mom

Post Sat, Dec 28 2019, 8:26 pm
OP you can send a PM to Yael to ask her to verify and give you permission.

naturalmom5

Post Sat, Dec 28 2019, 9:05 pm
OP

Text 848 299 7540

Elevation

And ask to be put on the text list for food distribution

Sebastian

Post Sat, Dec 28 2019, 9:21 pm
OP I have a lot of extra milk at the moment. I dont mind giving you some. PM me if you're interested.

Notsobusy

Post Sat, Dec 28 2019, 10:42 pm
OP there is an organization in Lakewood called LRRC. They help people get approved for government programs and they have a lot of resources and connections. When I had a problem they said if they cant fix it easily they will contact some government official who can help.

Someone I know had their kids removed from NJ Family Care due to an error. They were fighting with them for weeks and LRRC was trying to help. Then they had an emergency with one of their kids. They called LRRC on the way to the hospital and they were able to get them reinstated the same day. The child was in the hospital for a few weeks and it was all covered.

Please call them. They can probably help you. 732 942 9292.

amother
Ivory

Post Sat, Dec 28 2019, 10:43 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:

Can u post her number? I could use food people are giving away We can’t afford much now. Thanks
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics