Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Does your child have a full day of school tom?Why doesn't m?
Previous  1  2  3

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 9:11 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:
We have opposite. My boys came home saying that their school doesn't allow them to go, they were told yesterday, and they have tickets in hand. My husband called principal to get permission & make an exception due to our unique circustances., They got the tickets from Chaya Lifeline as my son is a patient. We told them not to tell anyone else.

The learning and tehillim of everyone at the Siyum should be a zchus for your son

Refuah Sleima

amother
Black

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 9:13 am
We are not Satmar. Don't know why they don't let them go.

keym

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 9:26 am
In my school, a note was sent that R Dovid Feinstein said that parents who can take their kids should, because this is the epitome of kavod Hatorah and kavod Talmide Chachomim.
Boys who are not going have regular school, but classes will be combined to accommodate some Rebbeim who are going. And there will be an ongoing stream for the boys to watch.

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 9:31 am
thunderstorm wrote:
My kids won’t have English tomorrow due to the Siyum but we were notified on Monday about it.

On the school calendar it said that details will follow so I knew to look out for changes of the schedule

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 12:08 pm
We were informed about a week ago that my girls' school was going to be cancelled for the siyum ha-shas. I thought that was already late in the game- can't imagine schools cancelling a day or 2 before! I'm sure part of their mindset is probably a lot of parents are already home because of the secular holiday and also there is already no bus service and early dismissal...but still people like me who are very scheduled and planned out and don't have people just waiting to help out and babysit etc , it's not so simple
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics