Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Learning in summer/ bein hazmanim

whkg2365

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 12:18 am
My son is in college, and I'm looking for some good yeshivos for him where he can continue his learning during the summer. He's barely looking - even though it’s almost January. So if anyone has some ideas...? I'd like a yeshiva that is okay with college and is accepting of colored shirts, but not somewhere too modern. Also, it would be much better to find a yeshiva in NYC. Thanks!

Elfrida

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 4:10 am
The summer is still quite a long way off, and may seem to him some hazy period after the next semester and exams. He may agree in theory about the desirability of spending the summer learning, but in reality could be very tired after a year if college, and just need a break before he is able to really focus on a full learning schedule.

It doesn't hurt to look at options, but don't push it too much yet. There might be some summer Beit Midrash program that would suit him better than trying to join a yeshiva and find chavrutas etc for a couple of months at the end of the year.

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 5:51 am
whkg2365 wrote:
My son is in college, and I'm looking for some good yeshivos for him where he can continue his learning during the summer. He's barely looking - even though it’s almost January. So if anyone has some ideas...? I'd like a yeshiva that is okay with college and is accepting of colored shirts, but not somewhere too modern. Also, it would be much better to find a yeshiva in NYC. Thanks!

Were you the mother asking about morasha Kollel? It may be a good option. Not in nyc , but more of a relaxed environment with super serious learning
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics