Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Is it racist to say

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 5:46 pm
That African American people do more crime than whites? Because that’s what the statistics show__maybe if we can be honest and not be scared we sound racist then we can look into what could be that reasons they commit more crime

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 5:54 pm
Let's say it's not. What constructive conversation do you want to have here?

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 5:56 pm
Check out Stefan Molyneux, who talks about race and IQ a lot. One of the things that he covers is that by not acknowledging certain facts, we are doing a big disservice to blacks.
He has been called racist, and some claim his science is pseudoscience. But he makes compelling arguments. In simple terms, according to proponents of the race - IQ connection, yes they do commit more crimes because the system is not set up in a fair way for them.

agreer

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 5:58 pm
No if you can support with real facts.
Yes if you're just assuming/using anecdotal evidence.

hodeez

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 6:00 pm
Nowadays everything you say or do is racist

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 6:11 pm
OK, but what important and constructive conversation are we having right here right now?

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 6:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That African American people do more crime than whites? Because that’s what the statistics show__maybe if we can be honest and not be scared we sound racist then we can look into what could be that reasons they commit more crime

This is a fact. Facts are facts. Facts are not racist. But you can count on the PC police to come and yell about white privilege anyhow. Facts that make minorities look bad are unwelcome.

In all seriousness, this is probably not the best forum to have an intellectual discussion about why african americans commit more crimes.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 6:31 pm
InB4 "This belongs in Politics" lol.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 7:18 pm
I've reported this thread. Not because I am the PC police, but because I don't see anything constructive or positive coming from it. This is a board to discuss FRUM issues, not to bash people of different races or social backgrounds.

gingie37

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 7:19 pm
Please read the book The New Jim Crow, by Michelle Alexander, before you engage in these kinds of conversations.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 7:20 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
Check out Stefan Molyneux, who talks about race and IQ a lot. One of the things that he covers is that by not acknowledging certain facts, we are doing a big disservice to blacks.
He has been called racist, and some claim his science is pseudoscience. But he makes compelling arguments. In simple terms, according to proponents of the race - IQ connection, yes they do commit more crimes because the system is not set up in a fair way for them.

As a school psychologist, who administers IQ tests on a regular basis, I would just like to say that I find questions on those instruments that are culturally biased and not fair to the urban, inner city children I test. (e.g. I can tell in advance which items, they will have never heard of.). Those items (which are included in the IQ score) reflect a lack of exposure- rather than a lack of intelligence.

I agree that the system is not set up in a way that is fair to urban, inner city children- but there are many factors at play, and the issues are far beyond our ability to solve in this discussion. And in my experience, people who go around talking about lower intelligence and increased crime in the black community tend - not coincidentally- to be racist in their overall outlook. What positive purpose is there in this thread, which outweighs the negative?

malki2

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 7:37 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
I've reported this thread. Not because I am the PC police, but because I don't see anything constructive or positive coming from it. This is a board to discuss FRUM issues, not to bash people of different races or social backgrounds.

I agree. It’s also been discussed ad nauseum (so look it up there) and was a major hot button topic. It’s just going to cause a bunch of bad words and feelings between Imamothers.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics