Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What do you know about Modzitzer Chasidim?

matryoshka_blue

Post Sat, Feb 15 2020, 7:24 pm
Hello Imamother community,

I was wondering what you all know about the Modzitzer Chasidim. My husband’s family was from Demblin, and were Modzitzer before the war. He grew up MO and for obvious reasons, no one talked about what life was like before the war. He’s left with a lot of questions and would love to know more information about Modzitz.

What do you know about Modzitzer minhagim/about the Modzitzer community in general? Do you know anything about their nusach? Any and all information you have, even anecdotes, would be so welcome and appreciated.

Thank you so much

amother
Khaki

Post Sat, Feb 15 2020, 9:55 pm
They are most famously known for the music they composed. Reb Bentzion Schenker E'h was the one who sang their songs to the world, beautiful tunes and some of them very famous. I'm Chassidish and my father in law is close with the Rebbe today. I don't know much more details about the Chassidus though, but Google may help you.

just me!!

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 7:23 am
I know a little,
It's a very nice chassidus- in my eyes. I'm also chassidish. They're a relatively "open"chassidus- I couldnt find a better word to express it, but what I mean to say, is that it's not at all like any of the big 'shtarke' stuff like vizhnits, belz, ger, or satmar...
You get all types there and no laws like double covering, shaving and the like.
They're very into music- a lot of singing and in general very into song.
The rebbes themselves as far as I know are really musical and have composed a lot Zmiros... some well known ones.
They wear spodiks (not shtreimels), I think it's because they're polish and not hungarian.

matryoshka_blue

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 1:55 pm
Thank you all so much for your responses! Modzitz seems like a wonderful Chasidus.

Last edited by matryoshka_blue on Mon, Sep 21 2020, 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total

mammale

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 2:03 pm
Ani maamin was composed by a modzitzer chosid. https://www.chabad.org/library.....n.htm

WhatFor

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 2:09 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
They are most famously known for the music they composed. Reb Bentzion Schenker E'h was the one who sang their songs to the world, beautiful tunes and some of them very famous. I'm Chassidish and my father in law is close with the Rebbe today. I don't know much more details about the Chassidus though, but Google may help you.

This is what I know about them as well. I think the classic Aishes Chayil tune is a modzitz nigun? I know there's also a beautiful mizmor l'dovid from Modzitz.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics