Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Take 2 year old to doctor for diaper rash

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 28 2020, 9:14 am
My baby has a bad diaper rash for a week. He also has pretty loose diapers. This isn’t the usual unless there is something else going on but it don’t see any other issues. Should I take him or diaper rash alone isn’t a reason to go?

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Feb 28 2020, 9:15 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My baby has a bad diaper rash for a week. He also has pretty loose diapers. This isn’t the usual unless there is something else going on but it don’t see any other issues. Should I take him or diaper rash alone isn’t a reason to go?

My kids always get diaper rashes when they have loose diapers. I would assume that that's why your baby has a rash

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, Feb 28 2020, 9:18 am
It could be yeast. Or infected.
You could call and see if they can help you over the phone.
Often rashes that just don’t heal can be yeast.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 28 2020, 9:19 am
Okay so I just put nyastin on it and will see if it improves. He wasn’t recently on medicine so I wonder what could cause yeast.

nchr

Post Fri, Feb 28 2020, 9:49 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Okay so I just put nyastin on it and will see if it improves. He wasn’t recently on medicine so I wonder what could cause yeast.

Antibiotics could cause loose stools and yeast.

#1baker

Post Fri, Feb 28 2020, 9:51 am
Put on plain old Corn starch it does wonders!!

cbg

Post Fri, Feb 28 2020, 9:52 am
You can try a little bit of coconut oil
It’s anti fungal

ectomorph

Post Fri, Feb 28 2020, 9:55 am
My child once had a bacterial diaper rash. It was very painful for him. It looked like a regular rash to me but the dr was right. It went away with triple antibiotic ointment

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 28 2020, 10:42 am
nchr wrote:
Antibiotics could cause loose stools and yeast.
but he wasn’t on any.

miami85

Post Fri, Feb 28 2020, 10:48 am
We noticed our kids getting severe rashes around 15-18 months and then we took them off of lactose and it helped (never had a sensitivity to my milk/diet or milk-based formula). It could be a sensitivity to something.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Fri, Feb 28 2020, 11:04 am
Use tons of powder and cream! Cake him up so he shouldn’t burn from the rash.
It’s painful.

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Feb 28 2020, 11:37 am
I took my 2 year old in recently for this. It had been a few weeks and all the different creams and treatments didn't help. The dr prescribed a cream and it cleared up. I think if it's persistent there's no reason not to bring in.

amother
Seagreen

Post Fri, Feb 28 2020, 11:40 am
It might be diet. Try eliminating dairy and eggs. Then when his stools become regular after about a week or two, introduce each one with a 3 or 4 days in between. I did this with my daughter and then the Dr said it was a good idea.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Feb 28 2020, 12:12 pm
If it's not going away with the process and products you are using, then YES please go to the doctor.

My oldest had terrible rashes. Best way to treat it is:

Start off with clean skin. Give a bath and make sure he is clean. (Use baking soda in the tub if he needs soothing relief.)
Now smear Clotrimazole cream (antifungal) lightly over raw areas. Top with heavy hand of Triple Paste diaper cream. Seal it all in with pure cornstarch to keep moisture away from his skin (like from your kitchen). Put him to bed and by morning it should start looking better.
Repeat the layers of cream and powder with every diaper change, but use the Clotrimazole part only 3 times a day. And make sure he is getting a bath each night and layering him up right after for bedtime because that is when the real healing happens.

emmes

Post Fri, Feb 28 2020, 12:23 pm
You can go to the doc to get a prescription for a stronger cream, or a combination of creams that the pharmacist mixes. I forgot the names.

I found that vaseline helps the most because it acts as a barrier between the loose stool and the rash, not letting it get worse. I'd put 2-3 times a day prescription cream and vaseline the other times you change

avrahamama

Post Fri, Feb 28 2020, 1:35 pm
My baby's diaper rash ended up being strep. In had colonized in his rectum. No fever. No cold symptoms. Just a bad rash that was really strep.

Take your baby in if it's been a week. There could be an underlying issue that all the powder a d cream won't solve.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 28 2020, 1:36 pm
Took him and doctor listened to chest and looked at ears and said he’s fine. To put on bactroban and give probiotics. Hope that works...

amother
Red

Post Fri, Feb 28 2020, 1:39 pm
I actually put probiotics directly onto the diaper rash, top with extra virgin olive oil. It's magic! Works every time bH!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics