Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Are black straight skirts totally out?
Previous  1  2

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 6:37 am
Yesterday I was wearing a certain top with my A lined (paniz) skirt. I’m short, need to loose 8-10 pounds... every time I looked in the mirror I kept thinking that I looked short and chubby.
Later that night I was going to pta. I kept on my top and switched to a straight black skirt. I looked SO much better! I felt okay with myself.
It might not be so in style but straight skirts look so much better on me. I look thinner and more put together.
Wear your straight skirt, op. You might feel good about yourself!

Flip Flops

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 10:57 am
They are actually coming back IN.
I live in Lakewood and 5 years ago, you couldn't find a black pencil skirt anywhere.
Now, they are selling it all over.

amother
Black

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 11:06 am
Agree with other posters, black pencil skirt is a classic. I think sometimes frum people, or at least where I live in Lakewood, think that only one or two items are fashionable and that’s their whole wardrobe. A real fashionista has many different pieces including lots of classic pieces. You can pair with trendier tops for a more fashionable look.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 11:06 am
I think I look horrible in straight skirts, and that they make my butt look lumpy. I would only wear one with a very long tunic top (mini dress) over it.

A line skirts are my go-to. They hide my butt and hips, and make my waist look smaller. With a padded bra, I can almost (almost) kind of have an hourglass figure.

Maryann

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 11:08 am
so funny - thats all I wear
what else are people wearing besides straight skirts?

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 11:12 am
Maryann wrote:
so funny - thats all I wear
what else are people wearing besides straight skirts?

Dresses!!!

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 2:18 pm
I have an hourglass figure and I dreaded buying skirts back when pencil skirts were in style. I wasn’t even overweight and every skirt made me stick out funny. Once the flairy skirts/fit and flair/dresses came back shopping is so so much easier. I haven’t worn a pencil skit in years and will continue not to do so when it comes back I’m style lol. Plus they are so uncomfortable. That said, to answer the OP it is classic and always in style

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 2:30 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
Agree with other posters, black pencil skirt is a classic. I think sometimes frum people, or at least where I live in Lakewood, think that only one or two items are fashionable and that’s their whole wardrobe. A real fashionista has many different pieces including lots of classic pieces. You can pair with trendier tops for a more fashionable look.

This. It's so true that in Lakewood, people are either afraid to wear anything besides one or two types of skirts, or they are extremely fashionable and wear all the newest, trendiest creative styles, but there is no in between. Seriously, a black straight skirt is always in style, and the only thing that goes with many styles of tops...please, everyone, dont be afraid of classic pieces!

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 2:42 pm
I feel like it’s harder to be tznius in a straight skirt.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 2:48 pm
Straight skirts are usually chosen when a top needs that style.
It's a shame I can't find such skirts anymore for kids! Must not be trending because I can't find such skirts for dd who looks better in tucked out tops, which go well with straight skirts. All I can find is thin dinky shell material skirts. Would love some nice knits straight skirts and a variety of jean straight stretch skirts for little girls.
I wear straight skirts all the time with certain pieces.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 3:13 pm
I personally dont wear straight black skirts because they're so uncomfortable and I find that they only look good if they're tight and short . I think that pencil skirt looks awful when they're baggy and past the knee. I also think that they're not very in style but who cares ? If you look good in it then kol hakavod!

agreer

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 3:46 pm
While I understand the difference in shape of straight vs. A line, I don't get the practical difference. What top would look good on a straight skirt and bad on an a line and vice versa?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 3:48 pm
Tunics need straight styles.
A shorter cropped look does better with A-line

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 4:49 am
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
It’s true that people are wearing A lined skirts these days but I personally look better in a straight skirt so I do wear.
I don’t think you will look funny.

This. For my size I look better in straight black skirts. So that what it is. Ijh when I will lose(When??) I will buy other models....
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics