Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Canadian imas? Need Pesach info
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 5:47 pm
estreya wrote:

It's going to be a very different Pesach this year Sad

I look forward to being away all year. There are a lot of jokes on this site about people that go away but Pesach is so hard for me each year. Going away makes it actually a Yom tov for me. We already cancelled international flights. I lost my family Erev Pesach so it’s not a good time.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 5:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I look forward to being away all year. There are a lot of jokes on this site about people that go away but Pesach is so hard for me each year. Going away makes it actually a Yom tov for me. We already cancelled international flights. I lost my family Erev Pesach so it’s not a good time.

Domestic travel? Stay on the US side of the falls? (Maybe it will allow tourists then),

estreya

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 8:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

OP, my heart goes out to you. We also have a similar situation.

Pesach is about family and being together. Unfortunately this year, collectively, our hagim and other Jewish life cycle events will be turned upside down because of the current situation. It's tragic but I guess we have to make the best of it.

Hugs to you. Hag Sameach. ❤

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 12:20 am
I can’t understand what is going through your mind. Why would you want to come here and be quarantined for two weeks? Nothing is open. Under the best circumstances Niagara Falls only has kosher food ( In summer restaurants NOT stores) in summer ( and I ran the dairy test for three years- I KNOW) and every church and synagogues and mosque is shut down right. My shul just cancelled services after 108 years in operation. Chol hamoed hamoed is like two days. I doubt even if this thing hadn’t happened that Chabad would have been open.

We are under lock down to make sure that out hospitals don’t experience the crashes that have happened in other countries. We do t care if you can pay high dollars for health care. We want that ventilator.

Last edited by Chana Miriam S on Wed, Mar 18 2020, 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 12:23 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
of course it is.

Its not the money its the availability of resources.

This.

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 1:36 am
Anyway I saw a report that Canada and the United States will be making a joint statement in the next day or so that they are having a mutual closing of the borders, open only for trade and essential business.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics